• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Won't Eat

Dallas Foster

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've had Rex for about one year now but I rescued him from someone so I'm not sure of his age. He recently has not been eating very much and has been really lethargic. I also noticed that looking down at him with his head facing the same direction mine is, his back right leg is not acting right. When he walks he just drags it and when I touch it instead of pulling it back it almost shakes. Like quivers. I thought he was compacted so I decided to give him a bath. When I did he really puffed his body out... I mean I have never seen his body so bloated. He felt like he had a bunch of air inside of his belly. Usually when I give him a bath he becomes extremely flat. Any ideas as to what's wrong? Thanks! I really appreciate it.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
could be a number of things but i recommend a trip to the vet. preferably an exotic vet. he probably needs a fecal float, some sub q fluids and vitamin boost for starters. however i AM NOT a vet. the air thing just means he's ticked off. you could try a dose of liquid calcium if you have any but i think a trip to the dragon doc is in order

Dallas Foster

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Alright, that'll probably be what I have to end up doing. Thanks a lot! By the way, you have a LOT of pets. Hah.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
a vet trip is a good idea but what is your setup like what lights and stuff?

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hoype things work out sometime they get mad and quit eating did u try changing things up a bit

Dallas Foster

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
What do you mean by changing things up? Hah, I mean i feed him bananas, endive, crickets, superworms, etc. Basically everything that is acceptable.
And @Bill thank you! I have the red bulb and the fluorescent bulb. I'm not sure which has UVA or UVB. haha. But i've got both! :D

Dallas Foster

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Actually i just fed him Zilla Calorie Supplement and Appetite Stimulant and got him to drink a little bit of water and eat 2 crickets. Which made me happy. Hah, so a little bit of improvement.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What do you mean by changing things up? Hah, I mean i feed him bananas, endive, crickets, superworms, etc. Basically everything that is acceptable.
And @Bill thank you! I have the red bulb and the fluorescent bulb. I'm not sure which has UVA or UVB. haha. But i've got both! :D
I ment trying different things not feeding the same thing every day. Far as lighting goes the fluorescent should be your UVB if that what its designed for hopefully its not a normal fluorescent bulb, does it have a brand name on it?

Latest posts