• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon lighting questions

TallJRock

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am a new Beardie owner myself and just wanted to tell you that your little dragon just looks so happy from the few pictures you showed us. I know the advice from this forum helped me with some initial lighting questions, so as you get some of your enclosure and UVB issues taken care of, your little one will be ensured to live a healthy life, you seem to take good care of her so she will definitely show you that love back.

Acadia

Bearded Dragon Egg
I use Reptisun in a Sunblaster (see Amazon) for UVB. Heat comes from a dollar tree house bulb, 2 for $1.25 100W.

Acadia

Bearded Dragon Egg
Whoops. I would like to revise my earlier post. I just swapped the previous Reptisun bulb for an Arcadia so that's what's in the Sunblaster now.
Please note that the UVB bulbs must be updated/changed periodically. Check out the readings and research (there's plenty online).

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Whoops. I would like to revise my earlier post. I just swapped the previous Reptisun bulb for an Arcadia so that's what's in the Sunblaster now.
Please note that the UVB bulbs must be updated/changed periodically. Check out the readings and research (there's plenty online).
www.pangeareptile.com has them and are reasonable- They need to be changed out in a year I recommend a month prior to

Acadia

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am not in the US and prefer not to order from pangeareptile due to associated shipping fees. Amazon is more convenient and cost-effective for me.

Nathan Vanderslice

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone, I am worried that my bearded dragon (Megumi) isn't getting the proper lighting that she needs. right now I just have an incandescent house bulb in her 20 gal. tank. I was wondering what is the best lighting setup I can buy for relatively cheap? I am a High School student and I don't have a very large income. I bought my baby bearded dragon as a hatchling at the Tucson reptile expo last year in October. I don't know for sure how old she is, but I can post pictures of her when I first bought her Vs. her now. I was also wondering what size and weight she should be if I bought her on October 3rd. her current staple foods are kale and the occasional fruit and veggie, and Black Soldier Fly Larvae. She also gets roaches as an occasional treat.
Thank you everyone for your help!