• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BD basking away from Heat light

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Yea kool side is 83 86 degrees. I may look to find a better basking toy. Would love to find a tall rock flat surface to soak up the heat as the log is well just the log lol

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Oh okay. Well try out the 75w for a while and see how he acts. Best of luck to ya! I know it's very difficult to get temps right, took me a good two weeks or more and countless number of bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yea I'm gonna see how he does with it. I'll keep an update.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
So gave Pierre a bath I find it interesting that when he's in the bath his color gets lighter compare to him being in his cage. He had a goodlookinh poop. Anywho so I had him basking under the 75watts bulb. He was there for bout an hour but got down and went under his log. When I walk by the room I was hearing some weird noise so when I check it out it was Pierre I guess digging. I got tile as a flooring for his cage. It was funny seeing him try to dig when there was nothing to dig. I read that this is one way of sign showing he wants to brummate.
20161006_112214.jpg
20161006_112232.jpg

Attachments

• 20161006_114334.jpg
    20161006_114334.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

Maddie

Juvenile Dragon
He must have been enjoying the bath! I know my girls colors get very light when she's in a good mood and happy. Are you sure Pierre is a boy? I don't know the first thing about brumation since mine and RaeAnn's hasn't yet but i do know females dig when they need to lay eggs.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
He must have been enjoying the bath! I know my girls colors get very light when she's in a good mood and happy. Are you sure Pierre is a boy? I don't know the first thing about brumation since mine and RaeAnn's hasn't yet but i do know females dig when they need to lay eggs.

well when I got him they couldnt guaranteee the sex, but i check under and he has those two things that boys has, maybe i should re check as i did that when he was young ill check tonight. but yeaha i was just watching youtube videos and read that when they ready for brumation that they go under their hide, or corner and tend to dig like they making themselve a burrow,

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh okay. Well try out the 75w for a while and see how he acts. Best of luck to ya! I know it's very difficult to get temps right, took me a good two weeks or more and countless number of bulbs.

Yep that's kinda how it goes.. watching what your fella does tells a good story on how they are doing we just need to be detectives :)

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
well when I got him they couldnt guaranteee the sex, but i check under and he has those two things that boys has, maybe i should re check as i did that when he was young ill check tonight. but yeaha i was just watching youtube videos and read that when they ready for brumation that they go under their hide, or corner and tend to dig like they making themselve a burrow,

I know males will dig as well in certain circumstances. If you seen the two "bumps" than most likely it's definitely a boy. It never hurts to double check just to be sure. It would be shocking to think you had a boy and come home to eggs [emoji23]

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
I know males will dig as well in certain circumstances. If you seen the two "bumps" than most likely it's definitely a boy. It never hurts to double check just to be sure. It would be shocking to think you had a boy and come home to eggs [emoji23]

that would be funny to come home i see eggs that happen to me before with my leopard gecko i had brought a female gecko, and surely enough it laid a couple of eggs, but unfortunately i didnt have the tool to incubate the eggs,

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If a boy those bumps are the hemipenes, if a bump or mound is in the middle that would be girl.. You can also kinda tell by the width of the base of the tail.. Males are much thicker than females..

Latest posts