• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Pic

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wait...... are they Strophurus? Again, I know we have some sub specie of Strophurus, but I've never seen Golden Tails. I was torn between Strophurus williamsi and knobs.....and ultimately I chose the knob :)

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah mate same thing, though they are Strophurus now. There are a few taenicaudas kicking about over there but as with any rare Oz reptile you guys pay a pretty hefty price for them. Last I heard their a grand each over there. Ciliaris are the more common ones there as well as intermedius and williamsi (same things really just different looks like the knob-tails). If you are thinking of getting some as captives ciliaris are the way to go as they have a bit of size on them up to 15 cm total length. Mate you won't be disappointed in them, their quite pretty as well if you get the Katherine form.

They are a pretty cool captive, they are quite active (even in low air temps) and if you ever want geckos that sit out all day and never hide then Strophurus are the way to go. Mine sit out on the branches all day and would stare right back at you with their red eyes if they see you looking at them, the male would even come down to the glass front from time to time to have a good look. The only thing is strophurus need low amounts of UV as they sit naturally out in dapled sunlight in the wild, so a 5.0 source would be needed. (their almost diurnal lol)

Congrats on the leos turning ten mate, and good luck with the rescue hope she pulls through.

I will definitely keep everybody posted on the breeding, with any luck the golden tails may join in as well.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My leos turned Ten this year. Wish I had the room to give them a 40 breeder or something.

I have a Spare one ;)... course I am going to separate all the girls into their own 10's later this year, so I can give a seasoned pair the 55.... *looks innocent and whistles*.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
great looking baby Tim. Kinda takes your breath away don't she?

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ladyknite said:
great looking baby Tim. Kinda takes your breath away don't she?

Yeah.... she came out the egg colorful. Usually that lines takes a few weeks to start coloring up.

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Her head shed. Her body is still white. I'm not expecting anymore color. After she sheds I'm gonna put her up for sale. I'll post pics.

Latest posts