• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby beardie stopped eating...

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So i got my little guy a little over a week ago. I have been feeding him twice a day and each time he would eat about 8-10 baby roaches, so 16-20 a day. He seemed to love them, cuz he would jump for them. Just two days ago i went to feed him and he didnt even look interested in the roaches, so i figured i would try some crickets. I bought 2 dozen and only put about 5-6 in his bin. All he did was try to jump out and he didnt eat anything.. He hasnt eaten a whole lot the past two days and im starting to worry a little. The only thing he will eat is baby super worms.. What should i do?!

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
keep trying they can get stuck on supers make sure you dont leave any bugs in his cage

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it happens can you take a pic of his setup

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
its a 10 gallon for now.. i have a 75 watt basking bulb. and an 18" 10.0 Uvb bulb. He has a hide on the cold side. Paper towel as substrate. He can see all of my other lizards... he has been doing the arm wave every day. is that bad? should i put something so he cant see the other animals?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
all of it is bad the arm wave he is scared to death ...10 gallon way to small and a 75 wat will heat that up fast do you have any big plastic totes you can use that for now and he wont be able to see any other herps..he has to have a cool spot tem in that spot max 80.see if you can find something bigger for him to stay in

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
much better its not as much it's to small for the dragon but to hard to adjust the heat and he will out grow it ..make sure he can't see any other herps.and check your temps

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
much better its not as much it's to small for the dragon but to hard to adjust the heat and he will out grow it ..make sure he can't see any other herps.and check your temps
alright i will put a background on the sides and back and change the heat bulb. THANKS!!!

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ok so my little guy is in his 20 gallon. I switched his basking bulb from a 75 to a 60 watt. Also covered the back and sides of his tank so he CANT see other herps. His basking temp is about 97-99 degrees. He ate 5 crickets esterday, it not alot but its better than nothing.. I was just wondering if i need to change anything else or if i should give him a few days to adjust...

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
have you tried hoppers ( locusts) Also depending where you are and your climate. How lnog do you have his heat/uv on for. People often think that a baby beardie looks silly in a big tank but they soon grow and if tank it to small for them they get stressed.
Can you put some piccies up of him and his tank? Are you offering any veg??
i havent tried locusts. His light cycle is 13 hours on and the rest off. I might be able to put pics up sometime soon. i put pics up of him in the picture section of the forum. Thanks

Latest posts