• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aries: Story of the Super Citrus

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Aries is in the middle of Tail Shed. I will some updated pics in a week after his shed. I wanted to share something real cool though. Aries is being taught to sit up when giving him a treat (dusted Wax Worm). He sits up like a dog so to speak. So I will try to get a video or picture because once he gets in that position, he stays until i'm done giving him treats (usually 2-3 Wax Worms once every day or every other day).

Jaycies

Juvenile Dragon
Being new to the forum, I just now saw these pictures but I just had to say he's beautiful!!! Hopefully you'll be able to continue posting pictures of him. :)

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
1 or 2 more days... I want a good picture of him without shed. He will be super bright this time (his legs and tail are done and boy are they hello!). Thank you for being patient everyone.

Update: 10 Sept 2013, Aries will be ready for his post shed photos tomorrow. Boy is he bright! Can't wait to show you. He has about 20-30 more to shed. 60% of it came off today. Will post tomorrow for sure!

Last edited:

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
OK, he finished shedding for the most part now and I can't wait to post Aries' picture so here he is... 13" and 13 weeks old:
IMG_1030.jpg

Here is another later tonight, which I think is better and he only has just a bit left to go on his head.
IMG_1031.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Next payday, he will be getting a new background and I'm guessing he will be about 16" by that time so I have a community question..... Should I put Sand in his enclosure when I get his background? I know what type to use and how to sift and bake it.... just wanted to know if any of you thought I should go a head and put it in there for him yet?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Strained, washed Children's Play Sand can safely be used any time after the BD is 10+" long, nose to tip of tail.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You buy it washed, comes that way in the bag. All that is needed to be done is strain it. Often it looks fine enough, but strain it anyway. As they walk on it, the finer sand settles to the bottom, leaving the larger pebbles on top, so it must be strained to make sure the larger pebbles are removed, as that is what can cause impaction. I use the screen top from one of my spare enclosures to strain mine. Some will bake it, I never have.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Attention BDF:

If you scroll back to the 1st and 2nd page, you can compare the pictures from past and present and everything I have predicted and said is coming true. Note his orange heart patterns on his back are gone and replaced with more vibrant yellows. Note also that his legs have almost completely changed to yellow as well. Every time he sheds, his yellows will become more dominant with color and brightness.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
OK, I went with slate tile as seen on the last page of: http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/operation-tropic-thunder.8705/

Another update, Aries' age was wrong. I was looking on his Birth Certificate yesterday and notice his B-Day made him older than what I posted so here is the accurate age and length: 18 weeks old @ 16" long from Nose to Tail Tip.

I will post more pics after his tail shed. Which should be in a day or two.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Father was 24" long Mother was 21" long. Both from Fire & Ice Dragons. He is a $500 Collector's Quality BD/ 100% Super Citrus. Aries is now 5 months- 1 week old and a bit over 16" long from Nose to Tail. That is nearly 1" per week. He is impressing me even. But what is really strange is his siblings are reporting to be only 12-14" long. So I guess I feed the heck out of him and my enclosure husbandry is very good. Not to gloat or anything....

tj4x4fun

Hatchling Dragon
Father was 24" long Mother was 21" long. Both from Fire & Ice Dragons. He is a $500 Collector's Quality BD/ 100% Super Citrus. Aries is now 5 months- 1 week old and a bit over 16" long from Nose to Tail. That is nearly 1" per week. He is impressing me even. But what is really strange is his siblings are reporting to be only 12-14" long. So I guess I feed the heck out of him and my enclosure husbandry is very good. Not to gloat or anything....
I don't see anything wrong with bragging. I have a 180 gallon reef tank that I grow some of the hardest to grow coral and I have had people tell me it's not possible. It all comes down to dedication.

Latest posts