• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another Saturday in NOLA (dial up users beware)

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If I fell in, I think I would have been more concerned about snakes in the water than the gators....I have heebie jeebies about snakes that can inject poison into me...My family in Oklahoma calls me a city girl...whatever, its longer than I am tall and it venomous...keep it away from me...

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't do snakes either...I about killed myself a couple of weeks ago when I walked out the door and about stepped on a snake. I twisted my knee, ankle and jammed 3 fingers when I fell trying to open the door to get away from a snake that was running from me. I live around too many venomous snakes to look first run later. I run first then think about what it was I saw. Only once have I come across a copper head and hate to say it, I had my father in-law cut its head off. Any other kind of snakes I will catch and relocate but venomous snakes I run and send someone else to deal with them.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
I don't do snakes either...I about killed myself a couple of weeks ago when I walked out the door and about stepped on a snake. I twisted my knee, ankle and jammed 3 fingers when I fell trying to open the door to get away from a snake that was running from me. I live around too many venomous snakes to look first run later. I run first then think about what it was I saw. Only once have I come across a copper head and hate to say it, I had my father in-law cut its head off. Any other kind of snakes I will catch and relocate but venomous snakes I run and send someone else to deal with them.

Awe....poor Copperhead! Here's a pic of one I took just 4 feet away. Was trying to get closer, but Bev was hollaring. ::)

Copperhead1.jpg

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well it is pretty and all, its the water moccasins that really get me feeling creepy...they are not even pretty...the copperheads....I am a sandal wearer...and its hot in Oklahoma in the summer..and they are usually kind of grumpy from what I am told, that one posed for you.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Debbe said:
well it is pretty and all, its the water moccasins that really get me feeling creepy...they are not even pretty...the copperheads....I am a sandal wearer...and its hot in Oklahoma in the summer..and they are usually kind of grumpy from what I am told, that one posed for you.

Water moccasins.....we deal with those while fishing. They're rather aggressive, too. They'll swim right up to the boat and try to get in.

I had a buddy casting a small lure (Mini-Z) at one a few years ago as it was swimming across the lake. He actually snagged it. Once he had it, I asked him, "What are you going to do with it, now?". His answer, "I don't know. I didn't think that far ahead." LOL!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The copperhead that my father in-law killed for me was in my backyard just a few feet from my backdoor I could not risk my dogs or daughter who was only 1 at the time getting bit.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
The copperhead that my father in-law killed for me was in my backyard just a few feet from my backdoor I could not risk my dogs or daughter who was only 1 at the time getting bit.

Yeah, I know what it's like to have one that close. The one my buddy caught ended up in our boat! :eek:

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Debbe said:
Dead I assume? ewww.

Yeah. I felt bad for it as it wasn't doing anything but swimming across the lake. And...I didn't realize Tim was trying to snag it. But when he did....and it ended up in the boat, things took a turn for the worse and the snake got really aggressive.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Really great pics Brian.

Never been to a swamp with gators, we don't really have them here.
But seems it was an experience.

I like

Latest posts