• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another Saturday in NOLA (dial up users beware)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Saturday we went to Cajun Pride Swamp Tours and Oak Alley Plantation (the plantation house from Interview With a vampire) and here are the photos from that day of fun and adventure.

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thems big lizards! :D

Guess those cats feel perfectly fine lounging around that close to the water's edge.

Oh....and the size of those grasshoppers! :eek:

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The hoppers are called devil hoppers cause of the size, color, and the horrible smell they emmit when agitated. Basically nothing around here will eat them.

And yeah they are some bigguns

And as to the cats. The gators are actually kinda freaked by the cats. i didnt get photos of it but a group of 5 scared a gator back into the water by swatting at it and hissing lol.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Very nice area you have moved into Bri, looks like a lot f opportunity for some field herping. Some how looking at the pics a banjo plays in my head though lol.

Keep them coming y'all.

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Very nice pictures. Surprised you werent blessed with same snake pics. Those hoppers were HUGE. I find it entertaining the cats scared the gators. The plantantion was awesome. I love the swamp...

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Anyone else hear that tick tock when that big gator showed up ?

Nice photos, Bri...
Kristin ! Brave woman you !

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Those gators were so cute! I jus wanna hug em! The hoppers were pretty but scary though.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
Those gators were so cute! I jus wanna hug em! The hoppers were pretty but scary though.

lol................oh not so pretty picture. They don't hug back Candice.......well.........not exactly.

Great photo shoot Brian.

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
haha, I was thinking the person feeding them, well was inviting trouble, then I assumed it was some kind of "farm"...they did appear fat and happy. So did those hoppers. I wonder what they ate.

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
Anyone else hear that tick tock when that big gator showed up?

Haha! Good one Janie!

Awesome pics Brian. Do you know what kind of trees those were in front of Lestats House? I not familiar with N.O. species, but it looked like a oak. White oak maybe? :-\

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Live oaks or water oaks, Tim... I have tons all over Savannah... some of the more spectacular ones with wide spreading limbs are called "angel oaks".

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Debbe said:
haha, I was thinking the person feeding them, well was inviting trouble, then I assumed it was some kind of "farm"...they did appear fat and happy. So did those hoppers. I wonder what they ate.

Nope not a farm at all. This is a wild swamp the tour guide has been "dealing" with gators for 40+ years though so he knows a thing or 3 lol.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crypticdragons said:
Debbe said:

Nope not a farm at all. This is a wild swamp the tour guide has been "dealing" with gators for 40+ years though so he knows a thing or 3 lol.

What happened to 2? :eek:

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craiger said:
crypticdragons said:
Debbe said:

What happened to 2? :eek:

That was the time he decide to play with gators drunk and fell in the water thats where number 2 went (number 2 cause he said he thinks he may have sh!ted himself lol)

Latest posts