• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Allie Fell

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Good girl! I like how she's looking at her flowers!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's looking at the new blooms emerging. The other ones are dead. She's trying to poo but can't. Not enough to eat or drink. I gave her a slurry of vitamins, water, calcium and greens with green beans.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Day 16:
Allie's doing better this time. There's no discharge from her glottis whatsoever and only has her mouth open a slit. She had her mouth open when I came home so I'm thinking she's just thermoregulating herself because she's basking. The temps are on the high end and she seems to feel better when she's there. It's about 30-43 degrees C.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update: Allie was basking all day under her lights and guess what? She was breathing on her own. I saw her sides moving for the first time as she breathed. That's a good thing and Reptaid XL is starting to work.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, I do have one single question. Allie still doesn't eat on her own. She leaves the greens alone and looks at them. Doesn't even make an attempt to eat them on her own. Reptaid is supposed to help give her an appetite and make her eat. She ate at 3 in the morning, a green bean greens slurry with vitamins. I'm worried that she's not getting enough to eat. She looks like she's losing weight now.

What can I do to make her gain some weight and get her eating on her own? I've given her everything I can think of including tempting butternut squash-colors. I'm thinking of buying beardie bites or something to get her back up. Is there something I can give to her other than a slurry of greens and green beans?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
PS: Whenever she's out of her tank, she wheezes, in her tank, she's fine. I don't get that. I try to keep her in her tank all day in the heat. It's reading 34 degrees c.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beloved Allie passed away at 2:19 this afternoon, after a long struggle with her illness. Please pray for us and her soul. She did nothing wrong in this world and it's so unfair, but G-d has his reasons, I suppose. She died in my arms. I love you Allie.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aww no way thats put such a downer on my day u poor thing r u ok? R.i.p Allie. At least u no she not in pain now. So sorry to hear bout ur loss. She was such a fighter this was not wot i expected at all. My thoughts r witg you xxx

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sad. And so sorry for you. We know you did all you could and know that she loved you. rest in peace Allie

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wait!!! She just opened her eyes! She's gaping. OMG! This is truly a miracle. I rubbed her back and she's coming back! Mom and I were crying and praying over her and holding her. She first responded to mom about food, then she wouldn't eat her watermelon she loves. So mom said it was involuntary movements. She's coming back! Thank you G-d! YAY! She just bit my finger. I was able to put it in her mouth earlier and nothing. Now she bit down.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
OMG, I'm crying over here and then read that she opened her eyes! Tell her not to do that again!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is truly a strong little miracle. She's running around! Drinking water, loving every minute of it. Her eyes are bright. She's reborn!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is her mom mom. She's outside with her mommy, bright and alert and drinking water from a spray bottle. She sticks her tongue out, which she didn't do before. I did expect her to pass away, but not so soon. I kept preparing my daughter for it, but I was just as weepy as she was. I love that little creature. Who knew you could love a lizard so much? My lab came in when he heard the crying and tried to lick her body. I just let him do it. I knew he wasn't going to hurt her. She's always afraid cuz he's so big, but she didn't even flinch. So, I figured okay, let him do his thing. He started reviving her I guess.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is Noella again. My mom's friend from HIGH SCHOOL just told her to call the ZOO herpetology dept! Why didn't I think of that?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
This is her mom mom. She's outside with her mommy, bright and alert and drinking water from a spray bottle. She sticks her tongue out, which she didn't do before. I did expect her to pass away, but not so soon. I kept preparing my daughter for it, but I was just as weepy as she was. I love that little creature. Who knew you could love a lizard so much? My lab came in when he heard the crying and tried to lick her body. I just let him do it. I knew he wasn't going to hurt her. She's always afraid cuz he's so big, but she didn't even flinch. So, I figured okay, let him do his thing. He started reviving her I guess.

Such an amazing story! She seemed to take a turn for the better the past few days so it was shocking to see that she passed. I am sitting at my desk at work and I started to cry for her. I am so happy she turned around! Nobody expects to love a lizard as much as they love their bearded dragons. Even when they are bad they just attach themselves to our hearts. I'm really happy for you guys right now!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
This is Noella again. My mom's friend from HIGH SCHOOL just told her to call the ZOO herpetology dept! Why didn't I think of that?

That's a good idea, I wonder if they could give advise.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Atlanta Zoo is closed for beastly feast day! Will call tomorrow. Pray she stays with me.
Such an amazing story! She seemed to take a turn for the better the past few days so it was shocking to see that she passed. I am sitting at my desk at work and I started to cry for her. I am so happy she turned around! Nobody expects to love a lizard as much as they love their bearded dragons. Even when they are bad they just attach themselves to our hearts. I'm really happy for you guys right now!
Patsy, she's a little fighter, a miracle from above. We need her in our lives. I'm thankful for all of you for loving her. My mom can't stop crying over her. She loves Allie as much as I do.

Latest posts