• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adopted Dragon

MadisonMerrihew

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!
I recently adopted a female 2.5 y/o bearded dragon who seems to be very healthy but I'm thinking her previous owner did not feed her properly and I'm wondering if anyone has advice for me.
To start, she is in a 20 gallon tank... much too small. However, I have a 120 gallon enclosure being delivered very soon.
But, worse than that, she was never given fruits and vegetables until I got her about a month ago, only dried bugs - not even live. She is now being offered a wide variety of foods including greens, various vegetables, fruits, and live bugs.
At first, she was eager to eat her greens but now she has slowed down and has not been eating them for a couple of days now. I read that some dragons can get used to eating bugs and will develop a preference for them but I know it's important she gets her fruits and veggies - does anyone have advice? Should I bring her to the vet to be checked, just to be sure she's ok?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can share!!

Madison

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Welcome to the forum!
A vet check can never hurt. Worse case scenario you come out knowing your dragon is healthy and happy. Just keep offering her veggies. As you limit her bug intake she'll take to the veggies again.

Latest posts