• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acting Starving

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Hi Dubias & Crickets are the best proteins; I can add super worms only if the Beardie is over a year old & hornworms after a year old as well as treats; their digestive tract cannot handle it earlier than a year of age. Both are High in Fat also, so don’t feed too much. Carrots I wud omit or only a few times a month it’s high on vitamin A which is toxic. Collard greens are good & mustard greens & dandelions & for veggies def yellow squash it’s high in calcium & butternut squash and green beans/snap peas & endives are all everyday very good ones. Def Ad the squash for sure.
It is really runny like makes a huge spot on the carpet, it smells really bad, there is also what im assuming blood in it bc its red in some place and i dont feed her anything red. I have no vets near me that are reptile vets. So i cant go to any vets, assuming its what you said can you please help me fix it

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It is really runny like makes a huge spot on the carpet, it smells really bad, there is also what im assuming blood in it bc its red in some place and i dont feed her anything red. I have no vets near me that are reptile vets. So i cant go to any vets, assuming its what you said can you please help me fix it
Hi, she has Coccidia read about it. It’s very contagious to other animals and Beardie needs antibiotics ASAP and clean clean clean and sanitize/burn the cage in hot water. Use terry cloth towels buy a bag of white ones from Costco or Home Depot when she poops remove and burn in washer in hot water. Also the red is blood; how old is she DONOT feed her anything bigger than the space between her 2eyes. Cut up the veggies/greens. Do only crickets and Dubia roaches if under a year old plus the plate of greens/veggies: mustard/collard greens, dandelions, yellow squash, butternut squash, endives, greens beans and snap peas only for everyday. Cut them up & no hard stems. If over a year old keep the same proteins and greens & add super worms too. But now she needs a vet for 2doses of
Also its not diareaha runny
Please Google Coccidia images. He needs a stool sample done at a good reptile vet asap; It’s like lice & he needs Antibiotics from a vet asap it’s called Purcil 2doses 48 hours apart for Coccidia. Use white terry cloth towels as a substrate & remove instantly when he poops, remove all food and water at nite before bed; keep the cage super duper clean. U need to burn all items and cage in hot water and burn everything he’s touched or walked on including shirts when he lays on you. Basically keep the cage super clean get carpets cleaned them do a retest of his stool sample to make sure it’s clear.an adult Beardie over a year old should be eating a plate of greens/veggies & 20large crickets/Dubias a day & or some superworms. Beardies under 6Mnths need to be fed proteins 4times a day like 25-30 crickets per feeding and/or Dubias plus the plate of greens/veggies as they get over 6Mnths u lower it to 3proteun feedings per day & at 9 mnths 2protein feedings per day. But always the mustard/collard greens, yellow squash, butternut squash, endives, greens beans & snap peas. Rite now he needs a vet for the Coccidia

guineveregrape

Bearded Dragon Egg
She just did it again.. could it possibly be cause she hasnt pooed in 3 days
Try to let her soak in a warm bath (90-100 degrees fahrenheit) for 20-30 minutes, and gently rub her belly from front to back to try to coax her to poop. If she is shedding less or having trouble getting shed off, these soaks daily or every other day can also help! She will get hydration from the baths which will help her poop and make her skin softer so it can slough off.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Try to let her soak in a warm bath (90-100 degrees fahrenheit) for 20-30 minutes, and gently rub her belly from front to back to try to coax her to poop. If she is shedding less or having trouble getting shed off, these soaks daily or every other day can also help! She will get hydration from the baths which will help her poop and make her skin softer so it can slough off.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes a warm bath and rub her belly downward to get her to poop. And please remove any sand or coconut substrate & DONOT feed meal or wax worms. Do crickets & Dubias and the plate of greens/veggies. But she needs a vet asap for a stool sample for the blood and runny poop. The issue will only get worse please take her in. She has a parasite in her tummy & Donot give large food items bigger than the space between her 2eyes.

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Yes a warm bath and rub her belly downward to get her to poop. And please remove any sand or coconut substrate & DONOT feed meal or wax worms. Do crickets & Dubias and the plate of greens/veggies. But she needs a vet asap for a stool sample for the blood and runny poop. The issue will only get worse please take her in. She has a parasite in her tummy & Donot give large food items bigger than the space between her 2eyes.
Ok... like i said there are no vets i can take her too, her poop is firm, like the picture in the thread, just watery but the poop itself is firm. I did fix her light sadie thank you. Is there anyways i can get the percil without going to the vet for it?

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would get some better decor pieces for her -- a bigger hide --- basking decor - Pet Smart has great decor for dragons-- look there
Also just order the Reptisun 10.0 T5 long UVb from Carolina custome cages it comes with straps and the holder amd the bulb to mount
Ok... like i said there are no vets i can take her too, her poop is firm, like the picture in the thread, just watery but the poop itself is firm. I did fix her light sadie thank you. Is there anyways i can get the percil without going to the vet for it?

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
NO u can only get it from a vet. 1st a stool sample it’s $50. Please make an appt to watever vet even if it’s far & drive there. The issue is not going to go away. And replace the uvb and sanitize the hell pit of the cage but this parasite multiplies by the thousands in the tummy and anything the Beardie touches or walks on gets contaminated if he does have it.

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
NO u can only get it from a vet. 1st a stool sample it’s $50. Please make an appt to watever vet even if it’s far & drive there. The issue is not going to go away. And replace the uvb and sanitize the hell pit of the cage but this parasite multiplies by the thousands in the tummy and anything the Beardie touches or walks on gets contaminated if he does have

• Diarrhea. It is a common symptom of coccidiosis that your bearded dragon will have diarrhea and it has a foul odor. ...
  • Apathy and weakness.
  • Weight loss. Your bearded dragon will not want to eat and if it does, the feed will not convert well.
  • Poor or stunted growth. ...
  • Dehydration.
She has none of those.... those are the symtoms of Coccidia. She is still active and i just let her out yesterday and she was walking around and climbing and her poop was not diarrhea. She is growing well as far as i know.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can have the fecal done by a vet but you must take it in -- NO ENEMAS-- here is a website to find a vet in your area www.arav.org-- if the poop is real runny of which you said its not does not smell enough to make you leave the room then its more than likely not parasites --- runny stools can be caused by diet or improper UVB of which we know you have the proper UVB and or basking temps ---- medications must be prescribed by a vet but the numbers MUST be high enough to do that -- you dont want to just give meds to give meds on a whim or you might think --- a test must be done

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
You can have the fecal done by a vet but you must take it in -- NO ENEMAS-- here is a website to find a vet in your area www.arav.org-- if the poop is real runny of which you said its not does not smell enough to make you leave the room then its more than likely not parasites --- runny stools can be caused by diet or improper UVB of which we know you have the proper UVB and or basking temps ---- medications must be prescribed by a vet but the numbers MUST be high enough to do that -- you dont want to just give meds to give meds on a whim or you might think --- a test must be
Ok, also that link doesnt work.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok got to the website, literally i have none within 500 miles according to the site
Holy cow---- where are you? I will contact Tracie a vet tech friend of mine and see if she can help w/ this if you need or want one done

Latest posts