• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acting Starving

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Sunny has been acting weird these last few days.... she keeps acting really hungry and is trying to eat her substrate carpet. But she hasnt pooed in like 3 days. Im a little worried, i feed he 2wice a day, at least 20 at day recently bc we are running low on roaches, but earlier this week she was eating TONS a day, can someone help

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sunny has been acting weird these last few days.... she keeps acting really hungry and is trying to eat her substrate carpet. But she hasnt pooed in like 3 days. Im a little worried, i feed he 2wice a day, at least 20 at day recently bc we are running low on roaches, but earlier this week she was eating TONS a day, can someone help
If shes trying to eat her carpet she is lacking something in the diet-- are you giving her any supplements like calcium vitamins etc and how often? We will start there its usually something in the diet tho thats missing

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I give calcium every meal in the morning, yesterday and the day before that i did her vitamins.
What kind of vitamins are you giving her? Do they have betacarotene ? The calcium is w/ D3 or without D3? How old is Sunny? If she is under a year she needs calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding - lightly coated insects NO salads you want to dust the insects -- do not make the insect look like a powdered donut --

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
I have the exo terra Multivitamin.https://www.chewy.com/exo-terra-multi-vitamin-reptile/dp/124006?utm_id=27615258&msclkid=d314ecd965371c1754578cb615355cd1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping-Product%20Targets-Consumables&utm_term=1100005111894&utm_content=Exo%20Terra]

Sunny is about 6 months to my knowledge. The Calcium doesnt have D3 but with her UVB being low i think its fine.

Reactions: Ndr

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have the exo terra Multivitamin.https://www.chewy.com/exo-terra-multi-vitamin-reptile/dp/124006?utm_id=27615258&msclkid=d314ecd965371c1754578cb615355cd1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping-Product%20Targets-Consumables&utm_term=1100005111894&utm_content=Exo%20Terra]

Sunny is about 6 months to my knowledge. The Calcium doesnt have D3 but with her UVB being low i think its fine.
No she needs the D3 til she is around a year old and depending on the UVB your using then you can go to a calcium w/ out D3 and NO phosphorus --- but she needs the D3 please get some start dusting her insects as posted above- see if the behavior changes but that is my first guess as to why shes trying to eat her carpet -- when she turns a year old you will still need the D3 just not as often -- like 2 times per week depending on the UVB your using -- the T 5 bulb will do the replacement of the D3 your feeding but right now she needs it

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, i will start using the D3, and see if it changes anything
Let me know how it goes ---- I am checking on the multivitamin your using as well w/ some one who knows more about them than I do -- I am not familiar w/ that brand so I want to be sure

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And right now she is freaking out and like her tail keeps twitching...
Ok so not sure why that behavior- the not shedding is not going to cause her to eat her carpet- what kind of twitching is she doing fast back and forth randomly? why is she freaking out? is there another animal in the room can she see birds ? what are you using for your UVB? and is it in the tank?

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah back and forth randomly and then she starts to pace around her tank, my window is open but she has done it when it wasnt open. Im using the Reptisun 10.0 tube. It is in the tank and its to close but i cant get a lower piece of decor or raise it.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah back and forth randomly and then she starts to pace around her tank, my window is open but she has done it when it wasnt open. Im using the Reptisun 10.0 tube. It is in the tank and its to close but i cant get a lower piece of decor or raise it.
How come? Is it the T 5?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Anything is possible but the T 5 being too close could be a issue-- post a pic of your tank so I can see it--- does she act like she needs to go to the bathroom ? Is she straining? If she is she could be impacted? What are the size of the dubias?

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Tank

Attachments

• WIN_20210408_15_52_12_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210408_15_52_12_Pro.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 53