• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A little confused about feeding...

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So I bought the smallest type of crickets the pet store had, with the exception of a few they def are the size between his eyes. I placed them in a small cricket keeper with flukers cricket quenture that is calcium fortified. Then I also have tetrafauna reptocal that includes calcium and vit D3 (powedered supplement). Ive only fed the dragon twice and did not dust the crickets. Do I have the right stuff to dust the crickets? this is all the petstore gave me when I asked for the vitamins to dust the crickets. How often do I dust them...I read you should dust them 24 hours in advance? do I dust all of the crickets in my keeper or just the few im going to feed? do I give him dusted crickets at every meal or just one meal a day? any clarity would be greatly appreciated. I get confused with this stuff so the simpler the better please :) ...also im excited to report my little guy ate almost off of his tiny pieces of kale!

Rlover09

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So I bought the smallest type of crickets the pet store had, with the exception of a few they def are the size between his eyes. I placed them in a small cricket keeper with flukers cricket quenture that is calcium fortified. Then I also have tetrafauna reptocal that includes calcium and vit D3 (powedered supplement). Ive only fed the dragon twice and did not dust the crickets. Do I have the right stuff to dust the crickets? this is all the petstore gave me when I asked for the vitamins to dust the crickets. How often do I dust them...I read you should dust them 24 hours in advance? do I dust all of the crickets in my keeper or just the few im going to feed? do I give him dusted crickets at every meal or just one meal a day? any clarity would be greatly appreciated. I get confused with this stuff so the simpler the better please :) ...also im excited to report my little guy ate almost off of his tiny pieces of kale!

You shouldn't dust them untill your about to feed your lizard... The crickets can't breath with the powder on them and they'll die... So only dust the few your going to feed...

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you have a UVB you should not use D3 we calcium 5 days and vitamins 2 days for babies.

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That article was a big help, but I guess im having a hard time fnding both just calcium and a seperate just vitamins without the D3? do you have any brand names or a place I can find these? I checked petco and petsmart online, they seem to be big on the reptocal with both the D3 and the only other thing I saw was a calcium supplement that states it already has all of the vitamins needed built in (but doesnt say what vit are in there)...Guess im not sure what im looking for exactly. I love how the article shows what veggies and other foods are okay and what to never feed! thats the best chart ive seen yet and easy to remember because of the color cordinating :D

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Get them both at petsmart

IMG_20110730_161609.jpg

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Perfect! Thank you! and thank you all for the great help :D