• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

9 year old Dragon sleeping all day

ask2112

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have had my Bearded Dragon for 9 years now and she has been just sleeping for the last month, no food or nothing. It is super hot here and she goes into brumation Oct-March for the last 8 years. Is she dying because of old age?

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
She could be just getting old or maybe it is something simple.......
When was the last time you changed her UVB?
What are the temps in the VIV (hot, basking and cool side)?
what has the outside weather been like?
Thanks

ask2112

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Changed the light 2 months ago, all the temps are correct and the weather is in the 90s outside. Same as every year before, that is why I think she is dying.

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If it were me I would try another new UVB light.
There have been some issues lately (mainly aroun dthe MVB bulbs, not saying you are using one) and maybe the ones you are using are not putting out enough.
Fliehigh

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What is her weight keep track of it. Is she sleeping in her hide or just any where? 9 is getting up there she could be just changing her brumation

Latest posts