• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

8 yr old beardie help

cyprus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello, as you probably saw I have an 8 year old male. He's been pretty healthy his entire life, but about 3 months ago we notice a bump on his back right above is left leg that appears like a cyst or tumor and is about the size of a small M&M. It doesn't seem to hurt him at all, but have noticed that his eating and activity has slowed down. I also noticed that one of his fingers on his left hand is extremely swollen, again does not seem to bother him but I'm not sure if they are linked. I would love to take him to a vet, but there doesn't seem to be any around that sound like they know what they are doing.

I don't think it's a diet or housing issue, he is 8 and I've had him his whole life. I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions on what this could be. Please let me know if I can provide more information. Thank you very much!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Cyprus. Sorry to hear your beardie isn't feeling that well. If there are any open wounds you can help them heal by using a q-tip to put some neosporin on. As far as the cyst, you should probably try to contact a vet and ask for a referral to a reptile vet. Where are you located? We may be able to help you find one nearby. Keep a close on your beardie and continue to monitor his eating and activity. Please keep us updated!

cyprus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi Cyprus. Sorry to hear your beardie isn't feeling that well. If there are any open wounds you can help them heal by using a q-tip to put some neosporin on. As far as the cyst, you should probably try to contact a vet and ask for a referral to a reptile vet. Where are you located? We may be able to help you find one nearby. Keep a close on your beardie and continue to monitor his eating and activity. Please keep us updated!
There has been no change with Cyprus. He seems to be eating a fair amount, but definitely has less energy. I am located in zip code 18073. Any suggestions for a decent reptile vet would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!