• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1st timer

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm trying, I also recently switched from an android to an iPhone so it may actually be something I just need to figure out lol. But yes there is very little info online about them. This is why I take in what I can from what appears to be the most credible sources. Since this guy was able to provide countless pics and descriptive info about the breed, he seemed to be the most reliable source I could find online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm trying, I also recently switched from an android to an iPhone so it may actually be something I just need to figure out lol. But yes there is very little info online about them. This is why I take in what I can from what appears to be the most credible sources. Since this guy was able to provide countless pics and descriptive info about the breed, he seemed to be the most reliable source I could find online.

If he's still active and has a website I would love to pass it on to Shauna. She would be so grateful. There are no other Rankin's around us locally to even talk to their owners. It's like she's the only person I know who has one in this world. Lol

I personally don't know much about them. Just what I know from her and what hers looks like. It's cool cuz it's small and she had it in a 40 gallon breeder. Very friendly. I like it cuz you can have more than 1 in the tank but she said they can be expensive. I'm guessing they would be expensive coming from Australia. Lol

Take your time, it's no hurry. I was just saying omg someone else knows about a Rankin and can talk to Shauna! I got excited when you said you knew about them. I was wagging my tail like a doggie!!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Take your time, it's no hurry. I was just saying omg someone else knows about a Rankin and can talk to Shauna! I got excited when you said you knew about them. I was wagging my tail like a doggie!!

My knowledge is very limited with Rankins therefore I do not claim to know much about them. If I have never had first hand experience with a species I do not like to even pretend to know what I am talking about. I was just simply adding 1 extra way I read online to tell the difference between the two to ease the creator of the threads mind. I know he was trying to eliminate the possibility of his Beardie being a redkin. All of my claims came straight from that source. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful in sharing the source with you. Once maddie gets home from work she may be able to show me how to post the link than.
Is your friend a member on this forum? Maybe she can chime in and educate us all a little. I would love to chat with someone who could offer us all some cool facts about the species, that would make my day :)

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My knowledge is very limited with Rankins therefore I do not claim to know much about them. If I have never had first hand experience with a species I do not like to even pretend to know what I am talking about. I was just simply adding 1 extra way I read online to tell the difference between the two to ease the creator of the threads mind. I know he was trying to eliminate the possibility of his Beardie being a redkin. All of my claims came straight from that source. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful in sharing the source with you. Once maddie gets home from work she may be able to show me how to post the link than.
Is your friend a member on this forum? Maybe she can chime in and educate us all a little. I would love to chat with someone who could offer us all some cool facts about the species, that would make my day :)

She is not a member yet. I am trying to talk her into joining. She works full time and watches her 2yr old grandson every day. She says she doesn't have time to get online! Lol

I will nudge her to the point she will join! Lol

Any information you have is much appreciated.
Don't be sorry. It's okay. Maddie to the rescue! She will help us! Lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She knows much more about phones and technology than I do lol. And I'm unsure if that guy is still an active member? I've never joined that forum nor spoken to him. Just stumbled across it before we got a Beardie when we were trying to educate ourselves before we purchased one.

I completely understand that. School just started back for me so I'm juggling time myself. There never seems to be enough hours in a day for me to accomplish everything.

Dragon Mike

Hatchling Dragon
20160830_151857.jpg 20160830_151835.jpg 20160830_151811.jpg 20160830_151822.jpg 20160830_151759.jpg Thanks again for all the responses. Here is a few more pics.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
https://m.reddit.com/r/BeardedDragons/comments/1snr7z/anyone_have_questions_about_rankin_dragons/

Here is the link mxw0rld. I finally figured out how to copy and paste it so yay me!

He answered many questions the community has asked and it's available for the public to skim through. You can see if he is still an active member if you wish to join the forum and ask him questions

Awesome! Thank you. I will pass this on to Shauna as well. I really do appreciate this.

(Thank you Maddie!!!!) lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Awesome! Thank you. I will pass this on to Shauna as well. I really do appreciate this.

(Thank you Maddie!!!!) lol

Lol not a problem. And hey I figured it out all on my own maddie wasn't needed (shh don't tell her I said that). But I would like to add that info is still just word of mouth unfortunately. Though it seems trust worthy you can't be 100% although it is still worth reading

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
His temperament is great. He is so calm. My daughters and myself just sit with him on our stomachs watching TV and hang out with him.

I'm so glad to hear that he has adjusted so well with you and your daughters, that is wonderful

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
His temperament is great. He is so calm. My daughters and myself just sit with him on our stomachs watching TV and hang out with him.

That's great to hear! I'm so happy to hear he has a good temperament. I could tell he was going to be a "chill" dragon!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful, gorgeous little man! I just want to hold him. [emoji847]

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congratulations on your adorable baby!!! he/she has great colors.. Looks like you have a leatherback but past that looking forward to seeing more pictures as they grow..