• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zen Habitat Setup

Blueducki

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys!
I finally got the last part for my lighting setup today, so I decided to start putting everything in to see how the temps checked in.
And this is it.
I have two 90w Philips Halogen bulbs on the left side. The basking area is 108, great.
I added the CHE 90W on the right side because the Temps were in the low 70s without it. Now, it's at 81° on the right side, with my middle at 84°
I'm going to be getting a baby, so I need it to be warmed. I'm thinking that I need to add a third light for the center/cool side. I'm also worried about it getting too cool in the nighttime with just the one CHE.

Any tips/tricks/recommendations /feedback would be great!

P. S. My UVB is in there, but with the angle you can't see it.

Blueducki

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys!
I finally got the last part for my lighting setup today, so I decided to start putting everything in to see how the temps checked in.
And this is it.
I have two 90w Philips Halogen bulbs on the left side. The basking area is 108, great.
I added the CHE 90W on the right side because the Temps were in the low 70s without it. Now, it's at 81° on the right side, with my middle at 84°
I'm going to be getting a baby, so I need it to be warmed. I'm thinking that I need to add a third light for the center/cool side. I'm also worried about it getting too cool in the nighttime with just the one CHE.

Any tips/tricks/recommendations /feedback would be great!

P. S. My UVB is in there, but with the angle you can't see it.

Attachments

• 20210105_194059.jpg
    20210105_194059.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 62

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Zens are nice I have two --- I am using one 150 watt Exo Terra bulb and a 75 watt for heat--- I have a piece of decor that offers different heat spots - a gradient heat - my UVB is in center of front inside the tank and a CHE that sits in the back middle of tank of which I have not had to turn it on as of yet this winter -- my tanks are around 68-70 for overnite temps I will post a pic of Blazes tank --

Attachments

• Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 59

Blueducki

Bearded Dragon Egg
Soo, I've been searching for what seems forever to find something to hold my tank. I wanted something that would cover length and depth, nothing was ever deep enough (that's what she said). Anyway!
I got two of these cubby shelves from walmart and put one in front of the other. I love it. Great for storage, and I'm even going to make two of the cubbies cozy enough for my kittens to relax in.
20210111_053932.jpg
20210113_083654.jpg

Attachments

• 20210111_053932.jpg
    20210111_053932.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Soo, I've been searching for what seems forever to find something to hold my tank. I wanted something that would cover length and depth, nothing was ever deep enough (that's what she said). Anyway!
I got two of these cubby shelves from walmart and put one in front of the other. I love it. Great for storage, and I'm even going to make two of the cubbies cozy enough for my kittens to relax in. View attachment 25166View attachment 25167
im getting a new cage for my beardie its a 4ft long x2ft high x2ft wide im getting it from costom reptile habitats im also getting their alice springs[a place in austrilla where a lot of reptiles are found] decor kit the decor kit and the excavator clay[substate im currently using it's great and minics what they are found on in the wild] will make it look like a mini austrilla it comes with a 3d rock background,rock ledges,three food/water dishes,a peice of diftwood,5 fake grasses,aquarium silicone{for applying the background and rock ledges

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got two of these cubby shelves from walmart and put one in front of the other. I love it. Great for storage, and I'm even going to make two of the cubbies cozy enough for my kittens to relax in. View attachment 25166View attachment 25167
Yes looks good so far --- but you will need to watch those kittens -- they will think the dragon is a play thing and kill it -----

Blueducki

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes looks good so far --- but you will need to watch those kittens -- they will think the dragon is a play thing and kill it -----
Yeah, I'm aware of their predatory instincts. The dragon will be safe, no worries!

Latest posts