• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

zelda's got a BF Now. MEET Odin. red/orange translucent beardie

lickwidfox

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i just got him yesterday at a reptile expo! he's a hypo translucent beauty. i need a better camera so i can really show him off =). i seen him and couldnt help but take him home with me =]

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Re: zelda's got a BF Now. MEET Odin

Kinda looks like he's got leather in him too... pretty smooth looking dragon !
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Gorgeous coloring! Are you thinking of breeding them?

lickwidfox

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

i am thinking about breeding them =), but for the time being I'm just concentrating on making him big and strong. hes so tiny compared to Zelda lol.

I'm just trying to get him too eat his veggies but hes still getting used to his new home.. i think hes a little nervous still =(. eat your breakfast Odin!

missb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

Odin, wow he's pretty! Sweet guy!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

who was the breeder you got him from? and how much did he run ya if you dont mind my asking.

lickwidfox

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

..lol his name was andy watson. and i paid 150 for him =). i dont know much about him.. i honestly looked at the dragon and bought him.. i didnt really talk too the guy too much at the expo.. which i should of =(. he wanted 200 for him at first i talked him down too 150 =}.

here's a better picture of the boy!. photo taken by andy watson

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Re: zelda's got a BF Now. MEET Odin. red/orange hypo translucent beardie

Pretty boy. Are you 100% certain he did not say het for hypo? Just wondering as he does not have the normal characteristics of a hypo trans.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

i have to agree with brian, although he is absolutely beautiful, i think he is just a translucent...he doesn't have clear nails like a hypo trans would and also the price is very low to be a hypo trans

lickwidfox

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

true. but his eyes are all are black.. so idk..lol but your correct his nails aren't clear. either way =) translucent is pretty cool. and i didn't pay too much for him. i was honestly pretty confused if he was a hypo. but the fact that his eyes are all black confused me.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

the eyes being solid black is a trait of him being a trans it has nothing to do with him being a hypo. hypomelanism means a lack of dark pigmentation, in trans it would be visible via the nails being clear and the nape of the neck being a very faded to almost noexistant grey. He is a great looking trans but im afraid he is not a hypo.

hypo trans normally sell for anywere from 350-1000 or more dollars cause only a few survive

lickwidfox

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

i see. good too know =). i seen a few clear nailed bearded at the expo. but they did want like 300-500 for them. thats good to know what makes there eyes black.. i thought the black eyes came from being hypo. this is why im here =)

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i think i'd assume, that if the breeder called him a hypo trans...........
that his misunderstanding of the hypo allele, made him a trans het hypo, not hypo trans.

lickwidfox

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thats what I'm thinking also. i will be breeding him, so i guess wish me luck =)). in any case hes a red-line translucent. i already have a few people that want babies when he has them =))

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He's absolutly beautiful...We can't get those in my area but if we did I'd get one for sure...

lickwidfox

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
you could always buy one online =)). i think the person i got them from has a few left im positive he sells them online also =) if you want one let me know and i will give you his info.

Latest posts