• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Young pairing unsuccessful so far

Volkmer76

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 19 month old male and 2 year old female pairing that have not successfully locked. The male/female is up to weight, has had his/her supplements and are both very willing to breed. The issue is this is my males first season, and he doesn't quite know what he's doing. He'll bite her neck and mount but will only lay on top of her and wont attempt to lock with her. I have been introducing them about once a week for the past few months and I have attempted to breed them for the past 4 weeks with no luck. I understand that the male needs time to learn the ropes, but this is my first male with no prior breeding experience and it seems like he hasn't been able to make any progress. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.