• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Young Beardie weight.

Adam Oxley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey! So Rexies about 6 month old, 11" to the end of the tail and weighs about 125g-130g. is this about right?
little worried about him as his eating habbits have changed over the last few weeks. he used to go crazy for his crickets but now he just eats the occasional one. he does however seem to be eating a little more salad than he used to.
Viv is what i believe to be a 80gal, temps are around 28C cool side, 34C warm and 39 basking.
20151208_094803.jpg
20151208_094822.jpg

Still seems pretty active, always trying to dig through his Viv or trying to jump to freedom.
Any help would be appreciated, as ive only had him coming up 2 month!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He seems to be a good weight.. Have you tried other sources of insects? maybe he's bored of crickets? What are your options for bugs where you live?

Adam Oxley

Bearded Dragon Egg
thats something i was going to look into tomorrow at the petshop. not really sure what other options i have, thinking dubia roaches. looked st morio worms too but they seem massive? and not sure if they are just classed as treats?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dubia's are a great staple!! 1 roach = 5 crickets!! they are easy to raise/house than crickets too

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the general rule for insects is to let them eat as much as they want 2 or 3 times daily - when they're little guys. as they get older, you will find that they will eat more greens and less protein. i feed my 6 yr old girl and 3 year old boy dubias and or superworms once a week right now. they are "brumating" so not eating much at all. my boy will eat his greens every day. my girl - greens? YUCK!!!