• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

young beardie pooped out a strand of my hair, still attatched and hanging, think he'll be okay?

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im a little concerned...I just talked to my beardie and he has a about 2 inches of my hair still attatch to his potty area so he didnt poop it out yet but the first parts just hanging out there...do you think it will come out with the next poop? anyone else ever had this happen?

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I had this happen to my sulcata tortoise when she was just a hatchling. I just cut the hair close to the rear so that way they can't step on it and pull on it when they walk. Eventually it all came out. I wouldn't pull on it, just let it work itself out. Keep an eye on him though ;)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Exactly what drgnfly said, trim it if you have to. Don't tug on it and it will come out naturally :)

Latest posts