• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yoshi, Rainbow, Petrie, Joshua and Katie

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
[
JoshuaandKatiewithRainbow002.jpg
IMG]http
G
MG]]://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm109/mjpent/JoshuaandKatiewithRainbow002.jpg[/IMG]

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awww..all your pics didn't show. But they were adorable. Saw them on F.B.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
HMMM!!! Trying to figure out how to post multiple photos. Looked like I was posting all 5 photos but preview only showed the one. Any suggestions. Looks like the photo is too large. Mike,s sleeping and I'm trying to broaden my horizons and try something new!!! :eek:

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks Lisa!! I'll figure this out eventually!! Going to New York for the weekend. Sarah's watching the critters. Talk to you on Monday!!! :D

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just copy the IMG link from photobucket. Should be the 4th one down I think. Then just past here. You should be able to post as many as you want.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
New York...nice. Just don't watch the Yankees, lol! Have a great time.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We're going to the cabin Lisa!! I'm a little worried because of all the snow and rain. Hope it's still standing. We were there last October and the place was full of cluster flies. I see a lot of work in store for me when we get there. :-\

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Have a good time!

Yo-man....I don't remember him looking quite "that" twisted. Was he just sitting funny? Or is it getting worse?

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
No!! I think he's looked like that a little while now. He's pretty twisted. Can't remember when I I posted of him last. Hard for me to look at some of his baby pics because I can see where he just got more and more twisted. I kept taking him to different vets that first year trying to stop the progression. But it wasn't until I got on TNC that anyone was able to help him!! Thanks Lisa, Sandy, Gina, Laura, Craiger!!! You guys are the best!!!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think disability put aside, he looks really great, Vesta! Handicapable dragons tend to pose some difficulties with husbandry, though I think you did really well !
Look at those fat pads ! Nice thick tail, and I can see some lovely muscle bunches on his thighs.
Janie

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OH!!! Thank You Janie!!! I love this one to pieces!! Believe me when I tell you ALOT of nerves, sweat and tears have gone into getting him to where he is at. I tried everything until we hit on something that would work for my boy!! I think the last year I have finally been able to breathe. But I still keep a close watch on him.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can't even imagine the heart ache and work you must have put in with this very special fellow.
Kudos to you and yours for the dedication that has quite obviously paid off !
Janie

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Janie!! He's 2.5 years old now!!! His injury happened after we had him just a few weeks. I never ever thought we would have him this long!!! He does not seem to suffer at all(except for his doting Mommy who pests the crap out of him) He moves around quite well. He can be very fast!! His right leg is partially paralyzed but he uses it. I have a secret wish that some day he will stand up on it and walk. But he is great except that he looks a little different and doesn't like to poop!!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Those issues are to be expected.
Even mommy dotes ;)
I would be very interested in progression photos, for eyes on knowledge, should you ever choose to share those.
I have never dealt with MVB, nor injuries to the extent this fellow had.
All in all... everyone involved in his rehabilitation and care should be congratulated.
Janie

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
OH!!! Thank You Janie!!! I love this one to pieces!! Believe me when I tell you ALOT of nerves, sweat and tears have gone into getting him to where he is at. I tried everything until we hit on something that would work for my boy!! I think the last year I have finally been able to breathe. But I still keep a close watch on him.

Oh yes!!!! Vesta did a great job with all of her beardies, but as you can see Yoshi present a totally different problem. Great job!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He definitely looks good for what he's gone and going through. You're to be commended, Vesta. There are very few of us that would have taken the time and effort to get him to where he is today. With somebody else, he might not be with us, now.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You're very welcome, Vesta.

JUst for clarification....

When I said, "very few of us"....I meant people as a whole. I do believe most all of us, here, would have tried to do the best we could as well. Looking back, it almost seemed as if I didn't think many of us on this forum would care. Quite the contrary.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I understood what you meant Craiger!! :) I know I made a mistake by not researching more before I got him, I should have bought him from a breeder I trusted, I should not have trusted the small pet store owner that I got him from and just bought whatever she said he needed. Looking back and after getting to know them better. These creatures meant almost nothing to them except as a means of making a profit. They see them as disposable. All that being said. I love all my critters very much. Espeacilly the Yo-man. If his health issues were indeed present from the very beginning due to poor heredity and nothing would have prevented this from happening, than I am glad that I am the one who got him!!! I bought him for my Grandson who was 10 at the time. I would have moved Heaven and Earth to save Yoshi just for his sake!! After that I became so attached to him myself and the Yo-man kept fighting to live. I knew I had to get him the best help I could for find!!!

Latest posts