• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

YFD

Maize

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Can someone please advise me of some good pics of YFD? I dont think my girl has it but want to make sure. Lately, she has been laying on top of her lettuce & yams or butternut squash. Sometimes she even falls asleep in her bowl haha. I noticed that certain areas on her tummy\neck area is yellow\light green. I'm sure her scales were just died by the food, but after her bath (20 min) its still there. I'm sure she's fine, i just wanna make sure. I figured after her next shed, it should go away, but she is at the age where she isnt growing that much so there isnt much shedding.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
once the skin or scales becaome died or marked it ussually stays that way till the next shed.
you can also use google to get pictures of anything you can imagine.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yellow fungus isn't so much about the color yellow as it is about the fungus. At first sight, the fungal areas appear as if they're just unshed areas, yet the scales are not similar to the shed you are accustomed to seeing. The area may be tinged slightly yellow, as in the pic from lexi's post, but many times, it is the same color as the area where it is growing.
The external effects of the fungus, are also related to internal aspects of digestion.
As the fungus grows, multiplies and worsens, the obsecure areas become raw open wounds.

If you're seeing patches of orange (yams), yellow (squash) and green (greens) chances are she's just wallowing in her food. If the areas appear to be dead, dying or damaged scales, have a vet take a look.