• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yellowish stringy fecal matter?

moth_ay

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey guys... I have another question. I'm pretty worried...

Dude is finally home, and has been for about a week now. A LOT has changed in his environment, but I think he is pretty settled in.

When I took him out this morning, he had, what appeared to be, fecal matter stuck beneath his tail. I put him in a warm bath, and attempted to remove it... It came off quite easily, but a yellowish-white colored slimy string followed.... He didn't seem to be bothered by it, he wiggled a bit, but no sign of stress. I have never seen this before with him, so I'm worried. It wasn't that long, maybe half an inch, but it just seemed abnormal. Does poop generally stick to the underneath of their tales?

What has changed is this: He gets a fresh salad EVERY DAY with a huge variety... he gets collard greens, endive, escarole and yellow squash. Where he lived before, he only got them every 3 or 4 days. His temps are also better; old home = 80 now = 90-100 (daytime). Before - needed a bath in order to poop, now = going on his own. I'm hoping his body is just adjusting... What do you guys think? :(

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hard to say. His diet sounds spot on. I would offer salad daily though.

moth_ay

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks again guys :)

I don't have my camera, but I think he is OK... His appetite is the same, nothing strange about his behavior.

Latest posts