• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yellow fungus

Sms2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,
I’m noticing that the scales on our bearded dragon are yellow. Could this be yellow fungus disease?? What can I do?
Thank you.

Attachments

• F70C4930-A7C4-4F40-8D31-8C43F3D91DC8.jpeg
    F70C4930-A7C4-4F40-8D31-8C43F3D91DC8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 9E352908-B13A-4C4A-9C8F-FD06BEA0085A.jpeg
    9E352908-B13A-4C4A-9C8F-FD06BEA0085A.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 15
  • C21AB61D-8807-4AC7-BB0A-8C7AE51D9F0D.jpeg
    C21AB61D-8807-4AC7-BB0A-8C7AE51D9F0D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

I will take a better look tomorrow. How long have the scales been a little off color?
They do go through pigmentation changes as they get older.
How is his appetite?
I'll come back to take a better look at the scales.

Tracie

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Trace can better help w/ this - in the mean time what kind of UVB are you using? a coil or a long tube fixture? And what is the humidity in your tank? This helps w/ the shedding process - you want a digital probe hygrometer placed on the center back wall of your tank - optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70% - and a word of caution the grass and mesh green hammocks are notorious for snagging nails and causing injury to the feet etc -- I recommend replacing it w/ a cloth or a fleece hammock - found on etsy or https://www.pamperedbeardies.com/

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

How is your dragon looking today? The discoloration looks pretty normal to me. How long have the scales
appeared more yellowish in color?
As Sadie requested, we can review your tank setup, lighting, etc to be sure it is all correct also.

Tracie

Sms2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
Trace can better help w/ this - in the mean time what kind of UVB are you using? a coil or a long tube fixture? And what is the humidity in your tank? This helps w/ the shedding process - you want a digital probe hygrometer placed on the center back wall of your tank - optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70% - and a word of caution the grass and mesh green hammocks are notorious for snagging nails and causing injury to the feet etc -- I recommend replacing it w/ a cloth or a fleece hammock - found on etsy or https://www.pamperedbeardies.com/
Thank you for the suggestions. I didn’t know about the grass accessories, I’ll make her new ones. The humidity is right and the UVB is T10 tube with a reflector.

Sms2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

How is your dragon looking today? The discoloration looks pretty normal to me. How long have the scales
appeared more yellowish in color?
As Sadie requested, we can review your tank setup, lighting, etc to be sure it is all correct also.

Tracie
Hi,
Thank you for checking in. It’s our first time going through a big shed and I’m realizing that the “discolored” area is most likely about to shed. She just shed a part of their tail. I appreciate the input!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the suggestions. I didn’t know about the grass accessories, I’ll make her new ones. The humidity is right and the UVB is T10 tube with a reflector.
Where is the uvb? Is it a T 5 or T 8?

Latest posts