• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yawning

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First two mornings, I caught Ali yawning and stretching his beard. He even got me yawning after seeing him. That's normal, right? He's not gasping or anything. He had a bacterial infection which was treated with Albon and pinworms which were treated with Panacur. He's done with all his medicine. Tests came out negative after the last dose of Panacur and everything's fine.
A Little Info on his tank and what I feed him.
He's active, happy, and doing what bearded dragons do when he comes out of his tank.

His tank's cleaned once a month, spot cleaned every day with hand sanitizer. (Doesn't bother him one bit.) Plants soaked in bleach around the monthly cleaning, branches soaked in bleach and aired out for at least a week. (I have other branches for him to use. I don't put in all of them so he'll have something to bask on while they're soaking.)

Tank Size: 45-50 gallon reptile habitat
Lights: Reptisun 10.0 Tube UVB bulb, 100 watt basking bulb, a 100 watt CHE (Which will be here in a week.)
Substrate: Paper towels, no repti-sand, calci-sand.
Water: Mist his food, given a bath every other day.
Diet: Collard Greens, Baby Food Squash, occasional baby food sweet potato, occasional strawberry, parsley, once a month: Small thin slice of banana. Mustard greens, turnip greens, occasional pear, apples. I tried cactus pad, but he didn't like them. He picked through his salad. I don't feed romaine lettuce or any kind of lettuces. No spinach. Gutloaded Crickets: Dusted with Calcium w/vitamin D3. 2 superworms every other day as a treat. I don't feed mealworms, feed carrots-only once in a while and when he needs water. (I gave him grated carrots when I first took him home. He had trouble going to the bathroom. The carrots gave him water and he went right away. He goes twice a day now.)

silverado991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
gaping can be confused with yawning if its excessive with any sound behind it id worry about respitory infections

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah! He's starting to shed on his head again. He's shed his whole body, tail, and underbelly after the final dose of antibiotics.

Now his top of his head, eye ridges are turning gray with shed.

There's no sound when he yawns and I listened to him this morning.

Latest posts