• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yawn

NLC

Hatchling Dragon
For the first time I witnessed my big boy Dee yawning. Haha. It was the cutest thing! Too bad I didn't have the camera on him :( guess its not neccasarly b/c he is bored or tired its usually done for a rapid cool down. Silly dragon :)
Anybody else seen their beardie yawn??

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Don't know about the rapid cool down, but is quite often done to stretch the skin, the muscles, other times to help loosen shed & other times just for the sake of doing it. It's not an everyday happening, but yes, have seen it many times.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Demon does a decent one at about 1:13 in this vid, don't think it a cool down, because he's on the cool side, in the shade & had been there for a while prior to the vid being taken. They were bobbing at each other across the room.

NLC

Hatchling Dragon
I'll have to check that vid out at home. Not available for mobile. But ya I figured there was more to a beardie yawn since Dee was on his cool side and had only been awake for a hour. Also is it bad to keep two beardies of oposite sex in view of each other in seperate enclosers?? Does it over stress them?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts