• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Xukie Skittl Vengeance says hi!

punksrnotded

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello!, I'm Johelle (pronounced Jo-Ell). Yesterday on the 30th November I got my first ever Bearded Dragon; for my 17th Birthday on the 6th December.

He's about 3/4 inches body long, and 3 weeks old.
is name is Xukie Skittl Vengeance, and he's very lively and alert.

I do adore him, very much, I've waited 4 years! And now he's here, I don't know as much as I thought I did.

So I've joined this form to get more knowledge and help :]

Here he is! :]

xx
index.php

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
congrads on the new baby. For some reason, I can't see the picture tho.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Johelle and welcome to our forum. Congrats on your baby!

There is a lot to know, but once you get the basics down, you'll feel so much better. Here's a link to our caresheet:
Bearded Dragon Care

Give it a read and let us know if you have any questions.

punksrnotded

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey! Thanks for the welcome :]
I'll post another picture.

:)

I'm a little worried, the pet shop gave me a starter viv, but it only has one light.. is that good or bad? it's only 24 inches though. The light is a 40watt,,, uhm,, bulb. (the name has ran away right now)
There's a heat mat too, which I know is not necessary but it's been secured by the wire to the tank. with staples.... (which are high enough so Xukie can't get them)

What i'm really worried about is that they gave me bark, medium fine reptile bark. Which,, hides all the crickets.

Although i do get them jumping again so Xukie can eat them, which he has no problem doing, but pouncing for the crickets, he's swallowed two small pieces of bark,,, i don't know what to do :(

Should I remove all the bark? and put paper towels down for now?

Here he is again
100_3168.jpg

xx

punksrnotded

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh yeah and he's pooped twice today, yesterday it was dark green/brown with a white section after it,, but it was pretty runny.. but like paint out a tube kinda runny. and today it was thicker but same colour, I'm wondering if this is normal? And this is after he's swallowed the bark.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yup, dump the bark. such a cute baby. Paper towel or other non particle will do for substrate.

bulbs probably aren't right. You're looking for a heat bulb (just regular house bulb) and a UVB (repti sun 10.0) is most common.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As LadyKnight says, ditch the bark, especially if your beardie has swallowed some of it. You can do newspaper or papertowels if you want. A long term solution could be ceramic tiles. You're right the heat mat is probably not needed. Heat emitters are good when the night temps drop below 65F.

Latest posts