• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried

Judge parker

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys I need some advice. I have an 8 month old dragon named Hannibal and he has allways been happy and energetic. Lately he has been very sluggish and acts like he is cold all the time no matter how much heat I give him. He always gets his vitamin powder on his super worms and I give him a pinkie or 2 a week. He is still eating fine and everything but he just doesn't seem to have the energy he has always had. He already shed so I don't think that's the problem. I am just worried about him, he is my baby. And thoughts?

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't believe pinkies are a good idea. He might be having trouble digesting them. Or they're taking a lot of energy to digest so he's sluggish. Make sure he's being offered veggies every day, keep feeding the super worms but cut out the pinkies would be my advice.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Check your basking temp with a digital thermometer and see if your uvb bulb needs replacing - look up the brand \ type, it will tell you how often to replace. Does he perk up after a bath? Mine tends to get dehydrated and it makes him lethargic. If his stool is super smelly and loose he may have parasites - I'm dealing with that right now with my baby. :( I agree to cut out the pinkies.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
pinkies are good for females after they have laid eggs but not really necessary otherwise. he may be going into a late brumation. are you familiar with that?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree with the others, he's probably having a hard time digesting the pinkies. They are really fatty and probably just sapping his energy digesting them. Check your UVB bulb. You should be using a 10.0 tube style bulb of some sort. A T8 size bulb should be changed every 6 months and the T5 once a year.

Latest posts