• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried about Yoshi's heath

Amelia.m

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi

I have had my dragon Yoshi for about 6 days. He/She is about 5-6 inches. My last dragon Mushu was 2 years old and 24 inches, but she sadly passed away of mysterious circumstances. I am doing the same exact thing for Yoshi that I did for Mushu when she was little. It was going good until a day ago. Yoshi hasn't eaten in two days. Yoshi has gone to the bathroom and is very active. Should I be worried? I was thinking that their stomach must be very little at 5-6 inches so I shouldn't be worried. Or should I be worried?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome! Sorry about Mushu.. Likely your little one is just going thru some relocation stress since you've only had him/her for 6 days.. Just keep offering food 3x a day and greens all day and let your little one settle in some.. Depending on your set up you can minimize stress by covering 3 sides and having plenty of hiding places for them.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sometimes they eat real good when you bring them home then they realize they aren't going anywhere and they freak a little bit and not eat while they are getting used to their surroundings. Hdrydr gave some good advise.

Before he stopped eating what were you feeding and how much?

Amelia.m

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sometimes they eat real good when you bring them home then they realize they aren't going anywhere and they freak a little bit and not eat while they are getting used to their surroundings. Hdrydr gave some good advise.

Before he stopped eating what were you feeding and how much?
I was feeding crickets and greens. I would put about 5 crickets in at a time but she would only eat one

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
remember, whatever you feed them has to be small, if the crickets are big maybe one was all she could manage? might be worth checking your lighting too. I think her appetite will pick up once she settles in. Guess the world looks a bit scary when you are so tiny

Latest posts