• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried about my beardie

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys, so with a series of events on me trying to move, I had to move drago twice, and he hasn't came out of his hide since settling in at my new place. I'm sure it was super stressful but still, I'm worried. It's been like a week, Doesn't seem like he has came out at all, even to eat. Got him some live crickets tonight which he generally goes ape about, but nothing. Any ideas or tips to help him through this?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys, so with a series of events on me trying to move, I had to move drago twice, and he hasn't came out of his hide since settling in at my new place. I'm sure it was super stressful but still, I'm worried. It's been like a week, Doesn't seem like he has came out at all, even to eat. Got him some live crickets tonight which he generally goes ape about, but nothing. Any ideas or tips to help him through this?
Ok go over your uvb your using- coil or long tube - how old is the bulb and where is it? Surface basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- no colored bulbs off white or yellowish or daytime bulbs please-- we need to make sure this all up to par to rule this out- could be weather- relocation stress- has he brunated in the past?

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
All the bulbs are the correct bulbs and in the right place and right distance and are new, Temps and humidity are where they should be as well. As far as brunation, I have no idea, don't think so, not since I've had him

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
All the bulbs are the correct bulbs and in the right place and right distance and are new, Temps and humidity are where they should be as well. As far as brunation, I have no idea, don't think so, not since I've had him
Ok we'll get a weight on him - I would offer him water- keep track of his weight- if he's losing it there is a issue

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
If he's just stressed out I really don't want to grab him out of his hide to weigh him, don't feel that would help the situation

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If he's just stressed out I really don't want to grab him out of his hide to weigh him, don't feel that would help the situation
If he's brumating your going to need him out anyway- every 2 weeks or so- does he have stress marks that you can see

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
I can't really see him where he is at, but I can tell pretty much every time I look he's sleeping

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can't really see him where he is at, but I can tell pretty much every time I look he's sleeping
Ok well if he moves see if there are stress marks on him -- it sounds like he may have gone into brumation

Latest posts