• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried about my 4 month old beardie

Pugs&Dragons

Bearded Dragon Egg
For the past couple days my beardie, Frankie, has been acting lethargic, not eating as much, and has been hiding in her cave all day. She hasn't been coming out to bask or eat her greens but she will eat roaches if I put them right in front of her. I know she's too young for brumation so I'm starting to get worried. Is this normal behavior for a juvenile dragon or should I seek help?
Thanks in advance

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
yes its normal. Even though she is too young to brumate , she senses the seasonal change, and temperature drop. She has slowed down her metabolism and is 'semi-brumating' . She may sleep a lot or just be lethargic. As long as she does not lose a lot of weight rapidly she will be fine. Has she had a fecal check recently? if not its worth having it done to check for parasites as these can mimic brumation. Otherwise there is nothing to worry about, keep offering food, she will eat when she is hungry.

Latest posts