• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

won't eat

pistolsfordixie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I bought two beardies about two weeks ago. and have had a lot of trouble getting her to eat. I separated them because he would not give her a break. now she won't eat...do I need to put them together for her to try and mate so she will come out of this? please helpful advice would be very much appreciated.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
No dnt put them bak togetha keep them in their own.vivs. Give her time they get moving sickness it may take her a couple of weeks to get used to the new viv thats all :)

pistolsfordixie

Bearded Dragon Egg
you think she will be ok not eating ? if I wanted to mate them do I just put them together long enough to do their thing and then separate again.. I really am not doing anything other than getting her eating and make sure she is good and healthy. that's why I separated them to begin with because he would not leave her alone.

diego thanks for the reply I do appreciate all advice...

pistolsfordixie

Bearded Dragon Egg
No dnt put them bak togetha keep them in their own.vivs. Give her time they get moving sickness it may take her a couple of weeks to get used to the new viv thats all :)
you think she will be ok not eating ? if I wanted to mate them do I just put them together long enough to do their thing and then separate again.. I really am not doing anything other than getting her eating and make sure she is good and healthy. that's why I separated them to begin with because he would not leave her alone.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Thats ok no probs im happy to help :) yeh just pyt tuem togetha to do there thing then put thwm in there own.viv so they have there own room. She will eat when.she hungry as ling as she still pooping fine n hydrated n active i wudnt worry rite away. Make sure u still offer salad through the day. An plentoy of bugs evwn if shes not eating them :)

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Also take out the bugs after 15mins if she dnt eat them.dnt peave them in there :)

pistolsfordixie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I feel like I'm starving her when I take bugs out..she has drank I know that I saw her ...but she is definitely not eating her veggies..every day or two she may eat a couple super worms and maybe a cricket or two if it runs by her mouth enough times.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She is recovering from mating, most males attack females who try to eat so they get weaker and easier to breed with. Just keep veggies with her and try misting her daily. For some reason it helps my little girls.

pistolsfordixie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I will and I have been misting her I think i'll get her a pinkie tomorrow. I gave her one maybe a week ago and she ate it but man I really don't want to give her many of those. I know they may eat them but I don't feel like its necessary. with all the things I am able to give her.
thanks for the input and I have coached her into eating 2 crickets and 2 superworms. i'll just have to be patient with her and know she will eat when she gets ready to.

pistolsfordixie

Bearded Dragon Egg
She is recovering from mating, most males attack females who try to eat so they get weaker and easier to breed with. Just keep veggies with her and try misting her daily. For some reason it helps my little girls.
Thats ok no probs im happy to help :) yeh just pyt tuem togetha to do there thing then put thwm in there own.viv so they have there own room. She will eat when.she hungry as ling as she still pooping fine n hydrated n active i wudnt worry rite away. Make sure u still offer salad through the day. An plentoy of bugs evwn if shes not eating them :)
she is eating like a champ started eating very little every other day. now when I sit her veggies down she goes to town moves aroung all alert. she seems kind of stiff a little in her movements but I believe it to be getting better also since she is eating as much as she is....makes me so happy to look in and see all the babies eating.....I have since found out by previous owner the boy may not be 2 yet so he probably needs some time to grow and figure out the whole mating thing...when I bought them they were housed together and I separated them which I feel like has helped her....Thanks for all the help.....I think may have been brumation maybe... I don't know but she is, I feel like going to beat this deal

Latest posts