• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wont eat greens

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
Hey again guys. Alex now is not eating her greens and she is at the age where she should be eating a larger amount of greens. She is roughly a year and a half old. Any tips on how to get her to eat them?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I have the same problem with Dexter. She's 2 and won't eat her greens. She looks at them and does that swallowing motion like she's going to get ready to eat them and thens he stops herself. I usually will let a hornworm attach itself to a few greens and then she'll eat them. I also feed her supers her salad and then let her eat them. I always thought that at 2 she would automatically start eating her salad again but it hasn't happened yet :(

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can wait a day or two to see if she'll eat them when she's a bit more hungry...

Knoteb

Hatchling Dragon
My younger Beardies would never eat greens. It was crickets only for quite a while. Just keep offering them and eventually they'll want it.

Latest posts