• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Won’t Eat or Drink.

Arlo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi
I’m needing advice!
Arlo hasn’t eaten mixed fruit and veg,mealworms,locust or Dubai’s or drunk”misted”
She had her first poo after a week yesterday and it looked fine but I’m getting concerned as she doesn’t want anything.
She’s basking but would spend her time in the cool area of her Viv.
She dropped her weight in 4 days by 5 grams from 285 grams.
I could really use useful advice
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She could be brumating and the weight lost could have just been from her poop if it was a big one . By just looking at her she looks to be healthy: no black beard, looking alert, no sunken eyes, upright posture, healthy fat pads. If anything maybe she’s not close enough to her lighting or heat, I know if there’s something off with my beardies temperature or uvb they tend to go on strike until it’s fixed. If you are really concerned you can always try syringe feeding her some organic baby food. I know butternut squash is usually a fan favourite or you can try other food as well, many times beardies get bored of their food and want to have something new. Some dragons can be very picky

Arlo

Bearded Dragon Egg
She could be brumating and the weight lost could have just been from her poop if it was a big one . By just looking at her she looks to be healthy: no black beard, looking alert, no sunken eyes, upright posture, healthy fat pads. If anything maybe she’s not close enough to her lighting or heat, I know if there’s something off with my beardies temperature or uvb they tend to go on strike until it’s fixed. If you are really concerned you can always try syringe feeding her some organic baby food. I know butternut squash is usually a fan favourite or you can try other food as well, many times beardies get bored of their food and want to have something new. Some dragons can be very picky
Thank you
Il try that this morning

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Check the lighting -- UVB is extremely important -- how old is the bulb? And what are you using? Brand and bulb please where do you have it in the tank ?

Arlo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Sadie
I use a Arcadia pro T5 UVB 24W All my kit was chosen by my Bearded Dragon Expert.
Iv only had my Beardie for about 6 weeks and it was all new then.
Hope that helps

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Sadie
I use a Arcadia pro T5 UVB 24W All my kit was chosen by my Bearded Dragon Expert.
Iv only had my Beardie for about 6 weeks and it was all new then.
Hope that helps
Where do you have the UVB? Placement and distance is extremely

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so the UVB looks to far from the basking decor -- distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor -- I would get a piece of decor thats higher and in that range then watch her behavior

Arlo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Sadie
Is this good?
Im new to this so getting advice from someone who knows there stuff is invaluable
thank you

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you
Il try that this morning
Hi Arlo.....The UVB light needs replacing every 6mnths religiously. Also, make sure you have a CLEAR Zoomed basking bulb for heat; its the best one & for UVB the REPTISUN 10.0 T5, the length you order should cover 70 percent of the tank. And get a hideaway thats big enuff for him; I do a hammock behind the basking spot as a less warmer basking and I palce a sof cloth over it and a soft fleece blanket underneath so its a comfy hideaway. You need a digital themmoeter and digital hygometer those are the only accurate ones. and their are good basking platforms where then can bask higher or lower they are angled get one of those and a hammock for sure. Also, if the beardie isnt warm enuff/not the rite temps, he cant eat and cant digest his food, NEVER EVER Feed until they have been basking for a few hours and last meal they need lights on for 2hours to digest as well, so dont feed to late in the winter, summer you can, UVB & Heat are to remain on for 10-12 hours in the winter and 12-14 hours in the summer. NEVER use colored or coiled bulbs it burns their eyes. If the poop is not solid and its runny; he mite have Coccidia, need a stool sample at the vet ASAP and read about it.

Latest posts