• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Witblits dull scales.. shedding?

Khern719

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Witblits is almost 1 year old, and for the past couple months, has had this really dull area! Like it's going to shed but just doesn't. This has been around since November (almost 4 mths) he shed once at the beginning of January but not in this spot.
I've been giving him baths once a week with shed ease. I have Betadine and I'm ready to incorporate that if need be. I know Witblits look a little different when shedding but what do you think? Does he look ok?
PXL_20220211_195531632~2.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dragons turn dark when shedding they actually turn all different colors - I would let the shed do its thing - too much bathing will dry the scales out so I would lay off the baths and no betadine either that is a antiseptic and unless he has a injury or clogged femoral pores I would not use it - just let the shed go its coarse -- he looks good - when the scales become dry and crackly take a soft baby toothbrush and mist him then gently brush him to loosen the shed

Khern719

Bearded Dragon Egg
Dragons turn dark when shedding they actually turn all different colors - I would let the shed do its thing - too much bathing will dry the scales out so I would lay off the baths and no betadine either that is a antiseptic and unless he has a injury or clogged femoral pores I would not use it - just let the shed go its coarse -- he looks good - when the scales become dry and crackly take a soft baby toothbrush and mist him then gently brush him to loosen the shed
Thank you so much! I'll do just that!

Latest posts