• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Will not eat anything but rasberries?

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Alright. So Daryl has stopped eating.. All she will eat is rasberries!! THATS IT! Superworms every once in awhile but thats it.
I've tried dandelion greens, escarole, collard greens, everything!
Carrots, grapes, Only rasberries.
What can I do??

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Alright. So Daryl has stopped eating.. All she will eat is rasberries!! THATS IT! Superworms every once in awhile but thats it.
I've tried dandelion greens, escarole, collard greens, everything!
Carrots, grapes, Only rasberries.
What can I do??
That's so sad! How long has this been going on?

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
At least a week now.. she's close to her 1 year birthday; she stays in her little hidden area all day.
And are you supposed to remove them? I usually just feed them to her; cut in half or 4's.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
She'll eat superworms every so often but usually just goes back in her little den; or on the corner of the cage sleeping; she doesn't often bask either.
Her temperature in her viv is usually about 100˚F....and at night it goes into the 60's

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
At least a week now.. she's close to her 1 year birthday; she stays in her little hidden area all day.
And are you supposed to remove them? I usually just feed them to her; cut in half or 4's.
I'm not sure if you're suppose to but I was wondering about an impact risk if she was eating nothing but raspberries. I've been trying to look up some information and see how easy they are to digest. I doubt it would be an issue, I was just wondering. Has she had a bath recently and gone to the bathroom? They won't eat much if they're not passing well.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
She'll eat superworms every so often but usually just goes back in her little den; or on the corner of the cage sleeping; she doesn't often bask either.
Her temperature in her viv is usually about 100˚F....and at night it goes into the 60's
Is there any other odd behavior to go with it?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I doubt the Raspberry seeds will pose a problem. Is she otherwise looking healthy & not losing weight? Sounds like it could very well be trying to go into Brumation. What part of the world are you in & what season is it? Raspberries aren't the best to feed on a steady basis.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I can't find anything bad regarding the raspberry seeds, I was just making sure. I hope I didn't worry you. Sounds like they're a good treat and the temp seems warm enough to promote eating. Is that 100 degrees from the basking spot or ambient temp in viv?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I doubt the Raspberry seeds will pose a problem. Is she otherwise looking healthy & not losing weight? Sounds like it could very well be trying to go into Brumation. What part of the world are you in & what season is it? Raspberries aren't the best to feed on a steady basis.
That's what I was thinking... after I got off of the raspberry kick.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Nope; the cool side of her viv is 85˚F and 100 in basking spot.
And I live in Los Angeles; Its going to be spring pretty soon I believe

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It might be time to see a vet soon, get a fecal flotation done. I know with Cleo I have to put her in the basking area for a while in the morning to get her interested in food. She won't go there on her own. A healthy dragon that isn't in brumation should want to be in the light. Once Cleo realizes it's time to be awake she'll be active but not until I first put her under the light. She's kinda silly. If she spends too long in cool down she'll forget to go back and warm up as well, I'll have to put her back in the light and she'll love it when she gets there. My other dragons seek the light and heat out... I don't know what's up with her, but me reminding her seems to be working well. Have you tried that? Oh, and rarely but sometimes beardies can go into brumation earlier, but I have not heard of this early. My Cleo went in May last year.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's the problem when in captivity though, while we know what season it is outside, the BDs don't always know, if their enclosure is kept constant & it may not sense the season change. Any change in lighting &/or temp could trigger it. I've had them go down at all times of the year.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mmmm..so what do you think I should do? just move her out of her den in the morning?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
No harm in trying. After you take her out and put her in the heat if she immediately goes back and insists on staying in her hidey, she might be going in to brumation... who knows! She is right at that magic age! A vet would be able to test her and make sure she didn't have parasites just to be safe though.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Personally, if it was mine & she looks healthy & not loosing weight, I'd leave her be. They generally know what & where they want to be comfortable or should be at any given time, much better than we do. If your temps and everything else is optimal, let it choose where it wants to be, it knows what it needs better than we do, providing the proper options are made available to her. To me, you would be just forcing her to be where she doesn't want to be. If she's not eating much, she doesn't have to bask much & won't poop as much either.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yep; she looks perfect; just this little thing is slighty bothering me, but it may just be...she's lazy?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
... I just tried raspberries on cleo to see if she would eat them since she's a finicky eater. She dug through her collards and red leaf and picked out all the raspberries. I think they just REALLY like raspberries and will eat them even when they don't feel like eating.

Latest posts