• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Will Beardies Eat Fake Plants?

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I Have Fake Plants in his Tank and he loves to climb and hide in them and ive seen him attempt to bite at them before but he always realizes its not a real plant and leaves it but today i came home and noticed one of his fake plants has a few frayed edges i mean it doesnt look like he actually ate any but it looks like he "may have Tried" my question(s) are will he eat them, or will it hurt him if he does consume alittle here and there..and like i said its not like he has took bites out of it, just looks frayed like maybe he tried and his teeth slightly grazed the edge.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
U might want 2 consider removing it. I'm sure it looks good (visually) but it sounds like it looks appetizing 2 your dragon & it wouldn't b cool if it was able to ingest plastic.

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I think its silk and i have it set up so the fake plant goes right up to the top of the screen and he loves to bask right under that light, ill keep a real good eye on the spot where it looks like he might be eating it

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ya i would stay away from it to be on the safe side. I know its not the same but id use a background with plants on it if you want the appearance of plants in your viv.

Latest posts