• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Will be getting a beardie in 4 months

Sudeep

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I am going to buy my first beardie in 4 months for my very responsible boys who have leos right now.

I hear alot of members talking about taking out thier beardies and letting them roam around. Can you let me kno if they tend to come back when they are done exploring or is this taking place in a controlled environment. If I let my leo out and they are not watched carefully they will disappear

Thanks in advance.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I make sure that they are in a room that I know very well and that someone is in that room with them to watch them. There are no holes in the wall or vents that they can get into and there is nothing that they can hide under that I can't see them or get them out from. We also make sure there is nothing on the floor that they can eat. Even in these conditions we can lose them once in awhile. The other day my boyfriend was with Dexter in the front room and he left the room for a second to get something and she was gone. I came home from the store and he was panicked but I knew she is a hider and so I looked under our recliner. She was wedged right up tight to the base with just enough of the chair over her where if you looked down you wouldn't see her but if you got down on the floor you could!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They like to find dark places to crawl into – supervision is essential. I have found mine in the bookcase, under chairs, behind the toilet, behind computer monitor. One of our members found his in a box of – what was it Patsy? – A box of chocolate cereal? If you're getting a baby – even more important to watch every second!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They like to find dark places to crawl into – supervision is essential. I have found mine in the bookcase, under chairs, behind the toilet, behind computer monitor. One of our members found his in a box of – what was it Patsy? – A box of chocolate cereal? If you're getting a baby – even more important to watch every second!
LOL, it was a box of hot chocolate in the pantry like a week after it went missing!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I let Izzy out in a room that I know is safe from places to hide/get lost but still allows for her to explore and get some exercise and free from things she can eat. But I sit in there with her while she is running around in case she decides to chew on a cord...The funny thing is this room has not been remodeled yet and it has the original green shag carpet lol she still occasionally grabs onto the carpet and tugs at it thinking it's grass or something lol pretty funny. She usually runs around for about 20 min or so, I have a rock pile set up for a basking spot with a UVB bulb so when she gets cooled down she comes back to the "sun" and warms up then off wondering some more. I know she's done when I hear some digging with short periods of quite...I'll usually find her in a darker corner with her head in the corner...

Latest posts