• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why is my beardie so aggressive?

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
I can partially see him -- but not really need a better pic of his back and his face etc---- --- this is a Rankins dragon
5437l.jpg
okie i'll get a pic in by monday

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
i dont know there are so many different types of breeds rankins is one and there are silkies which are harder and have different care and then there are wiblets -- I cant tell you any info on these breeds but you can google them and look at characteristics of them and such-- Blaze is part wiblet and a red translucent - which means color - he will be red and he has black eyes and clear nails- his mother is a wiblet-- his dad is a red translucent ---
oh okie ima try to get some pics on monday ok

Pat G

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is around 8 months or so and he gets 8 meal worms a day and veggies whenever we can get him to eat them.
A growing dragon needs crickets dusted with calcium to help him grow... also meal worms are treats, not dinner, make sure he has plenty of greens whether he eats them or not... always fresh. Try fruit, mangos strawberries blueberries cut small not every day... green beans and endive is also a good protein... I've had 3 beardies and never been bitten . I hold them every day let them walk around. Get a reptile leash and let him wander... im always here to help pats

Pat G

Bearded Dragon Egg
A growing dragon needs crickets dusted with calcium to help him grow... also meal worms are treats, not dinner, make sure he has plenty of greens whether he eats them or not... always fresh. Try fruit, mangos strawberries blueberries cut small not every day... green beans and endive is also a good protein... I've had 3 beardies and never been bitten . I hold them every day let them walk around. Get a reptile leash and let him wander... im always here to help pats
Also I bought 500 crickets on line for 7 bucks plus shipping.. big tupperwear container screen cut on top for air... egg carton for housing and 1 potato one orange both cut in fours for food... they last over a month..

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Also I bought 500 crickets on line for 7 bucks plus shipping.. big tupperwear container screen cut on top for air... egg carton for housing and 1 potato one orange both cut in fours for food... they last over a month..
can i feed him inch long silkworms?

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
As long as they aren't bigger than the space between his eyes-- silkworms are spendy
Softbodied worms don't need to be smaller than the eye space width. Silks, hornworms, butterworms, can all be longer. With hornworms, look at the length of the beardie's torso in relation to the length of the worm.

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Softbodied worms don't need to be smaller than the eye space width. Silks, hornworms, butterworms, can all be longer. With hornworms, look at the length of the beardie's torso in relation to the length of the worm.
i just want to varry his diet he eats collards and 20 large[3/4 an inch to 1 inch crickets a day and once a week he gets carrots or cucumbers and he also once a week gets blueberries

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
I would say butterworms - still not as main staple, but along with others. Waxworms are the junk food/candy treat. :0)
i just want to varry his diet he eats collards and 20 large[3/4 an inch to 1 inch crickets a day dusted every day with b3 calcium and once a week he gets carrots or cucumbers and he also once a week gets blueberries it used to be kale and 20 crickets a day dusted everyday with b3 calcium and cucumbers a week and blueberries or watermelon once a week also i changed his diet a few days ago cause he wasn't pooping as much he was pooping only every other day to 3 days so i hope this helps him poop more

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Blueberries are too sweet and should be limited --- watermelon is good for hydration - as well as cucumbers but that is it---- he needs to be fed things like squash any kind -- here is a website for nutrition I thought I gave it to you
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
There must be other staple vegies in your house that you can feed --- please look at it -- as they get older it will not be uncommon for them not to poop every day --- I am talking about more towards adult -- also shredded sweet potato is good for making them regular --
ok i'll get squash this sunday when i get payed

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
Blueberries are too sweet and should be limited --- watermelon is good for hydration - as well as cucumbers but that is it---- he needs to be fed things like squash any kind -- here is a website for nutrition I thought I gave it to you
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
There must be other staple vegies in your house that you can feed --- please look at it -- as they get older it will not be uncommon for them not to poop every day --- I am talking about more towards adult -- also shredded sweet potato is good for making them regular --

some pics of my bearded dragon his name is smaug and he is i think 11 months old he is 11 inches sorry have to take these pics with a chrome book which only has a one sided cam for pics
IMG_20191012_084955.jpg
IMG_20191012_084955.jpg
IMG_20191012_085007.jpg
IMG_20191012_084749.jpg

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
He looks like a regular dragon ---- and he looks a little thin not bad but he could use some weight --- the substrate in tank is what? If looks like sand -- if it is I recommend you change it out -- you can get some textured non adhesive shelf liner from your local hardware store - its cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water in spray bottle 50/50 --- insects cannot get underneath --- the sand will cause and can cause impaction --- I would put paper towels in there for now -- especially if your feeding him in that tank ---
i'm switching to bio active soil soon like a few months also the sand is very tiny and lose and i see it in his poop sometimes also when he does poop it is huge

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
He looks like a regular dragon ---- and he looks a little thin not bad but he could use some weight --- the substrate in tank is what? If looks like sand -- if it is I recommend you change it out -- you can get some textured non adhesive shelf liner from your local hardware store - its cheap and easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water in spray bottle 50/50 --- insects cannot get underneath --- the sand will cause and can cause impaction --- I would put paper towels in there for now -- especially if your feeding him in that tank ---
i'm switching to bio active soil soon like a few months also the sand is very tiny and lose and i see it in his poop sometimes also when he does poop it is huge

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
then he is ingesting it--- I would take it out --- you dont want him impacted or you will be making a vet visit--- I would put newspaper or paper towels in there for now --- any loose substrate is not good --- that is also w/ the bioactive you dont want him eating it or accidentally eating it --
ok so what substrate should i use ?

iris123

Juvenile Dragon
like I said you can use newspaper or paper towels --- the insects will get under that tho so your gonna haft to be careful if your feeding him in the tank w/ it as they will get under that --- and you dont want to leave them in the tank over nite as they will bite him and they can cause infection so I would feed him one or two at a time and then you will know how many are in the tank ---- or you can take him out of the tank and feed him in a plastic tote thats high enough the insects wont get out --- but as a precautionary measure I would get rid of the clay --- so you have options --- you dont want him eating any more of that stuff hes on

ok so i looked at his poop and the sand wasn't in his poop it was just stuck on his poop where the urates where and where the poop was wet also i feed him one or two crickets at a time also i don't see him get any sand when he eats but sometimes he'll lick the ground also he is ok when held after i get him past trying to eat my fingers but if i try to pet his head he will either hiss at me and run or shake his head

Latest posts