• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why is my bearded closing his eyes?

The Widow's Son

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I have only noticed him doing this recently. Every now and then he will close his eyes for a second or so then open them back up. Does this mean anything? He is behaving normally otherwise. He is an adult and eats well. His backing temps are around 95 degrees with the cooler end around 75 degrees.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I have only noticed him doing this recently. Every now and then he will close his eyes for a second or so then open them back up. Does this mean anything? He is behaving normally otherwise. He is an adult and eats well. His backing temps are around 95 degrees with the cooler end around 75 degrees.
Could be normal - they do that when basking -- its them relaxing- but it could also be improper basking and UVB bulbs as well - please tell me what your using for bulbs brand and are they coils any off white or yellowish bulbs any daytime bulbs?