• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why is my 4 year old beardie so small?

Rainbrah

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! I have had my beardie, Mary Jane, for about 4 years now. I feed her a variety of crickets, kale, collard greens and mealworms daily. Every now and again she does not eat for a day, but not often. I give her weekly soak time in a large tupperware container and water is available at all times. She is housed in a 55 gallon terrarium and has tile cut-to-fit. Uva and uvb bulbs are on during the day. She is about 16 inches long. I just want to get some other peoples input on why my beardie may be on the smaller side. Any thoughts would be wonderful! Thank you!
20170118_144953.jpg
20170118_145009.jpg

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my guess would be genetics. not all people are the same size - even brothers & sisters from the same family may be different. i hope you're not worried - she looks happy and healthy !

Mom2Dovakiin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have to agree. All beardies are different sizes. There could be the really big ones and then the smaller ones. She looks healthy and as long as she's eating and pooping I wouldn't worry too much. If you'd like though, get her in to her vet and get checked for parasites (they'll need a fecal for that) just to make sure but I highly doubt there's anything wrong based on these pics. :)

Rainbrah

Bearded Dragon Egg
Awesome! Yeah, she hasn't been showing any signs of illness or anything. The only thing that really concerns me is her poop has been kind of watery before. I think I will go to a vet just to be sure though. She's precious to me. Thank you guys so much!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Could be genetics. I would offer a greater variety of food though. Mealworms are bad, high in chitin and not very much else. Dubia, super worms, silk worms, hornworms, BSFL are all great for variety.

Latest posts