• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why’s my dragon opening and closing his mouth

Elliotxzx

Bearded Dragon Egg
My dragons started doing this thing where he opens his mouth as if he’s regulating his temp but then he shuts it again right after. He’ll then gape it again then shut it repeatedly. I know they open their mouth when they’re toasty but he’s doing this weird thing when he’s not even warm, he’s an older boy now at 8 and has had a few health problems. Does anyone know what this could be?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My dragons started doing this thing where he opens his mouth as if he’s regulating his temp but then he shuts it again right after. He’ll then gape it again then shut it repeatedly. I know they open their mouth when they’re toasty but he’s doing this weird thing when he’s not even warm, he’s an older boy now at 8 and has had a few health problems. Does anyone know what this could be?
Not sure- what are your surface basking temps-- are you getting the temp w/ a digital probe thermometer- is he doing this under his basking light

Latest posts