• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

whole bugs in poop

BigManJones

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently fed my 5 month old dragon waxworms for the first time and when he used the bathroom I noticed that some were whole and just sitting there. im not too worried but is this normal?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently fed my 5 month old dragon waxworms for the first time and when he used the bathroom I noticed that some were whole and just sitting there. im not too worried but is this normal?
Please dont feed anymore wax worms --- they are too fatty and too many can cause long term liver issues -- undigested food can be caused by improper basking temps and they need to be taken by a digital probe thermometer NO stickons they are inaccurate --- and or eating them too fast --- temps should be 95-100 --- please get him a good staple feeder like crickets or dubia roaches BSFL or silk worms --- if you dont have one already --- UVB and basking temps are the MOST IMPORTANT things in the tank -- NO COILS please for UVB they are inadequate

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum, no thats not normal, there could be multiple things going on , lighting/heat, vitamins/supplements , its recommended to feed beardies meal worms and other fatty bugs after 6-8 months, if you can go over your setup thatd help us, pics would help too..

Latest posts