• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

White stuff??

Rilan

Bearded Dragon Egg
my girl had white powdery stuff on her head and neck what is this??!! The pic of it is my profile pic. Please HELP!!

Rilan

Bearded Dragon Egg
I gave her a bath and rubbed it and most of it came off just need tips and what it might be?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's hard to see in the small picture but it looks like shed skin. You don't want to pull it off, you want it to come off on it's own. Giving a bath and gently brushing it with a baby toothbrush is okay. You don't want to force it off because it can damage the scales.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea I can't tell by the small picture.. do you give calcium powder on greens/bugs? could that have been it if it was powdery? Or it could be shed, and yes bathtime is a good time to aide in the shedding process but do not pull on shed as patsy said you can damage the scales and it can hurt them if pulled off too soon..

Rilan

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah i think Sonomas white stuff is shedding and i didnt pull on it i never do haha she usually Does that her self she gets scared in water as of right now so i fill it up really low and put a towle in it and sit her on the towle then she is a okay

Latest posts