• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

white stringy stuff in poop

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon
i gave my 8 month old male beardie a bath not too long ago and i noticed in the actual brown poop there was white stringy stuff, not too much of it and it wasnt moving at all, i moved it around alittle to see if it would move and still nothing moved. ill take a picture next time he poops if its in it to show to you guys.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
There should be a white part that comes out with the poop,that's the urate.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I know and this is different from that, what I'm talking about looks thin and stringy, not like a big white clump

Sorry if I sounded kinda snarky, of course you know what urate is. I've had a bad cold for 2 weeks and taking lots of meds LOL!

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon
could it be a sperm plug?

i dont think so, i searched up bearded dragon sperm plugs on the web and what i saw from my dragon looked alot smaller, it looked a few milimeters thick so very small and maybe an inch long, ive noticed this twice now within a month.

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon
Sorry if I sounded kinda snarky, of course you know what urate is. I've had a bad cold for 2 weeks and taking lots of meds LOL!

yeah thats fine im sure theirs tons of people that dont know. it would be the first thing to come to my mind if someone asked me

Latest posts