• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

White scales around mouth

Craftyrph

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everybody! I’m still kind of new to beardies. We’ve had ours for 5 months now. He was just about a year old when we got him and was shedding at that time. Just over the past few days, he developed white scales around the front of mouth, then they spread down one side and today I noticed them on the other. Is he getting ready to shed or what is this? Attached is the best picture I could get as he was hiding out in his rock this morning
BB365EE6-D56A-4FFF-873B-437BD6315897.jpeg

Craftyrph

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your replies. He finally started to shed that little bit of white. Funny how just a small part of him is shedding and not his whole body.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
they stop doing whole body sheds when they reach adulthood and start shedding in patches like that. My male has just shed in the same spot as yours, top of his head is white now.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol yea it's pretty funny when they just shed a toe lol

Latest posts