• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

White Mark on Back

ccchonk

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is being treated for a fungal infection with medicine from a vet and silver cream, but today I noticed she has a white spot on her back. Does anyone know what it might be? Basking temp is 91° at 28% humidity, other side of the tank is about . T8 UVB bulb is old but about to be replaced. She seems alert and is excited to eat. I thought it might be a shed but it looks kind of weird to me.

Attachments

• IMG_8552.jpeg
    IMG_8552.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie is being treated for a fungal infection with medicine from a vet and silver cream, but today I noticed she has a white spot on her back. Does anyone know what it might be? Basking temp is 91° at 28% humidity, other side of the tank is about . T8 UVB bulb is old but about to be replaced. She seems alert and is excited to eat. I thought it might be a shed but it looks kind of weird to me.
That is all shed coming on --- please upgrade the T 8 to a T 5 for a 40 + gallon tank - I can post links for 3 good UVB's if you need them - the T 8 expires in 5 months --- T 5's expire they say a year I recommend 10-11 months --- placement is different for them and will also depend on the screen you have on the tank --- also how are you getting the humidity ? analogs are inaccurate -- you want a digital probe hygrometer

ccchonk

Bearded Dragon Egg
That is all shed coming on --- please upgrade the T 8 to a T 5 for a 40 + gallon tank - I can post links for 3 good UVB's if you need them - the T 8 expires in 5 months --- T 5's expire they say a year I recommend 10-11 months --- placement is different for them and will also depend on the screen you have on the tank ---
Thank you!! I’ll grab a T5 instead if you don’t mind posting the links - and what is the placement for them? I have a mesh screen lid but i’m thinking of replacing it too

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you!! I’ll grab a T5 instead if you don’t mind posting the links - and what is the placement for them? I have a mesh screen lid but i’m thinking of replacing it too
Ok if you get a wide hole screen it can stay on top of the tank distance for a T 5 would be 8-10 inches --- posting a pic for a wide screen type
1690913010695.png

posting links these are the best on the market
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756 you will need to get the 22" Reptisun bulb for this fixture there is a 5.0 bulb that comes w/ it

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO - Hight Output Linear Lamp for desert reptile terrariums.

www.pangeareptile.com

this one you can find at Pet Smart if you have one 24 watt 12% bulb
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse or this one
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0= you want the 24" or 2 ft one-- you will need to replace the bulb w/ the Reptisun posted above --

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
When you day basking temp is 91...is that surface temp under light or air temp? You really need to get the temp up to 95-110, I always shoot for 100.

Latest posts