• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

White head and pale tail

Garlicbeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m aware that colour changes can happen before shedding, when stressed, for temperature etc but I’m very as his head has gone super white. I thought this was him getting ready for shed, it started about a week ago but doesn’t seem to be changing. I’ve only had him a couple weeks, he’s eating as he should, sleeping well, likes to come out and be sociable, digesting everything properly and seems hydrated, temps seem all good in his enclosure too. I’m very concerned, on the edge of taking him to the vet. Photos don’t quite do justice to how pale his head is. His torso finished shedding a week ago and this started happening soon after.

Attachments

• IMG_9734.jpeg
    IMG_9734.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • E150F247-68E6-4553-B13F-7C64574A90BC.jpeg
    E150F247-68E6-4553-B13F-7C64574A90BC.jpeg
    638.2 KB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m aware that colour changes can happen before shedding, when stressed, for temperature etc but I’m very as his head has gone super white. I thought this was him getting ready for shed, it started about a week ago but doesn’t seem to be changing. I’ve only had him a couple weeks, he’s eating as he should, sleeping well, likes to come out and be sociable, digesting everything properly and seems hydrated, temps seem all good in his enclosure too. I’m very concerned, on the edge of taking him to the vet. Photos don’t quite do justice to how pale his head is. His torso finished shedding a week ago and this started happening soon after.
That is shed -- let it do its thing--- Blaze had a completely white head at one time when shedding he looked like a ghost

Attachments

• Ghost dragon 11-30-2019.jpg
    Ghost dragon 11-30-2019.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts