• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

where my baby is sleeping questions....

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No Thanks necessary! I have quickly learned (from all the advice, and caring support) that this is like having an entirely new family! :) Which is fantastic!
It is a great place to learn,chat, and lean on each other when we need it! ( I love my bff's, but they don't like reptiles at all ~ So it's just not the same as having another Beardie Lover to lean on!)
Good Luck to Everyone with a Beardie! I hope we can each teach/share with someone the right ways to care for a dragon and show them it is alot more work than say..a kitten.

They are not toys, they are not always easy (wish they could talk), and sometimes they get pricey......
BUT DAMN ARE THEY WORTH IT! :)

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Well I am happy to say I no longer have lingering crickets! I tried to feed storm in a seperate container for 2 days now, and he only eats 3 crickets each time, he is not happy in there! (he usually eats 15 semi large crickets at a time (twice a day)
So every night i clean out his home and vacume up all those stupid bugs (lol) so he has been sleeping peacefully (so am I) now somewhere in these posts I read that I should start feeding him superworms?? when do I start? storm is from head to tail 12inches long! growing very fast and becoming such a character!! Just love that little guy/girl! still not sure
Thanks for all the wonderful advice!!

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
@ drangonsx6
I am soo sorry that that happend!! I would die if that happend to my little guy! I hope he/she is doing better or continues to get better! I will never leave a cricket in there ever again!

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
@ drangonsx6
I am soo sorry that that happend!! I would die if that happend to my little guy! I hope he/she is doing better or continues to get better! I will never leave a cricket in there ever again!

Thanks Duecej, she is on the mend now, it was quite traumatic at the time and the realisation that we could have lost her was really scary. She is now back to her usual bouncy self, the wound doesnt seem to be stopping her. I just need to make sure I keep up the treatment so she gets better. It is an experience I never intend to repeat :)

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
these are super worms and i never cut the heads off them no need. Most pet store sell them as adults only.
127047_f260.jpg

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
these are super worms and i never cut the heads off them no need. Most pet store sell them as adults only.
127047_f260.jpg
Yep, that's what I got for super worms. I have been able to choose between small and large. Both my dragons are 3-4 years old, so they get the big ones.
Have never cut the heads off em. I had heard too; that if you don't cut the heads off, they can bite from the inside. But was assured from many sources that this is MYTH.

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
OK SO does this mean I can feed him these worms? He's prop only about 6 months old ( I really don't know) I'll take a pic and post it... Sorry I was confused
Jane I feed him Collard greens , mustard greens , apples bannana, pineapple
Thanks

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well lizardlover those must be different then what we have in the states i handle them all the time and have never been bitten. Yes you can feed them to your dragons if you find a appropriate size for them.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
superworms can be a bit tricky. just make sure they are not too big and make sure your dragon is actually chewing them up. i have a few that chew once and swallow and thats where the biting/scratching comes in. if they are chewing them up then they are fine.

Latest posts